Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf won't quit while there's a bag involved, unless his music career REALLY pops off. Surf doesn't have the proper respect for battle rap.

I feel like he would benefit if he decided to focus solely on music. He’s basically the only battlers music I’ve ever heard played in real life, even if that’s courtesy of mozzy. Hood nyggas love Mozzy. Probably will need to wait until COVID is over.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Is Shine #1 now? He might of been #1 for a min honestly. I can't think of anyone i would bet against him right now besides hitman but Shine gives us 4-5 battles a year. Hitman gives us 1. So i gotta put Shine over Hitman just for the consistency and level of comp.

Maybe Lux i guess..... But i honestly might have Shine against Lux. Idk.

I know alot of people are gonna say daylyt but we all know we not gonna see him again until he battles lux. Shine is outside taking everyone.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Shine #1 now? He might of been #1 for a min honestly. I can't think of anyone i would bet against him right now besides hitman but Shine gives us 4-5 battles a year. Hitman gives us 1. So i gotta put Shine over Hitman just for the consistency and level of comp.

Maybe Lux i guess..... But i honestly might have Shine against Lux. Idk.

I know alot of people are gonna say daylyt but we all know we not gonna see him again until he battles lux. Shine is outside taking everyone.

lux and Hitman arent active enough to be ranked

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Shine is #1 to me and T-Top is #2

can't think of a person i'd bet on to take either one of them out that's active

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I was ranking battlers/top 5 right now based off performances/consistency over the last year

1) K-Shine
2) Chilla Jones
3) Geechi Gotti
4) Rum Nitty
5) Danny Myers

Not the biggest fan of 2/5ths of this list, but this feels accurate.
You leaving T Top off the list??

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should Shine really be on this list this year ? He’s only battle clips and chess right ?

there should be a 3 battle minimum imo

I do understand if you’re looking at this overall the past few years

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on what you view as top tier.

Can he sell out a building? Probably not

Is he a top tier talent that regularly deserves to be on the big events? Absolutely

Yeah meant more so in terms of talent. He won't be headlining an event any time soon but it's impressive how he battled his way out of midtier in the last year or so.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Should Shine really be on this list this year ? He’s only battle clips and chess right ?

there should be a 3 battle minimum imo

I do understand if you’re looking at this overall the past few years
Not for this year, it's over the last year or so. That adds in the Nitty and Tay Roc battles, and the 2 two on twos.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If I was ranking battlers/top 5 right now based off performances/consistency over the last year

1) K-Shine
2) Chilla Jones
3) Geechi Gotti
4) Rum Nitty
5) Danny Myers

Not the biggest fan of 2/5ths of this list, but this feels accurate.
Not mad at this list, but Gotti and Nitty looked kinda shaky yesterday. I think there's an argument Gotti is on a decline.