Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually believe battlers fear B.Dot. You can tell for how they prepare for him. You literally just saw him battle perhaps some of the best versions of the Saga & Ttop. His opponents know if they come slacking, he’s going to body bag them.

It’s great to have a guy like that in the rotation.

Bdot wants to battle NJT. I don’t think NJT will do the battle until he knows he has his shyt together.
I don't mean fear in the sense that you know you gotta come with your best or you'll get embarrassed. B. Dot (likely) has that but so do a lot of guys. I'm talking about "fear" in the sense that top level guys were openly talking about not wanting to stand in front of him. Nobody has that aura Lux had after SM2, definitely not Dot.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mean fear in the sense that you know you gotta come with your best or you'll get embarrassed. B. Dot (likely) has that but so do a lot of guys. I'm talking about "fear" in the sense that top level guys were openly talking about not wanting to stand in front of him. Nobody has that aura Lux had after SM2, definitely not Dot.

How many guys really demand that kind of respect to get the best version of their opponents?

I can only think of jc/chilla/rum/dot

I do understand what you’re saying, but I definitely view that as a form of fear.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many guys really demand that kind of respect to get the best version of their opponents?

I do understand what you’re saying, but I definitely view that as a form of fear.
Without really thinking it through, I'm going to say five or less. It's definitely a rare quality.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Twork should NOT battle BDot until like 2023 after he gets his associate's degree and hasn't had some life-altering trauma for a 90-day stretch

and i like twork's battles a lot more than b dot's. but at this point i could angle twork's soul into the heavens

speaking of getting angled to death, or not

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Big Hollow supporter and can remember when he was the MAN around SM1 and Lux was ducking..

How he has gone out recently is shocking..

Losing to TODD
Losing to Math
Rob n Duck situation
This Don Lennon peaceful scam persona

Life, truly is a marathon. Hollow is looking like the ultimate version of "damn homie, in high school you was the man homie!"

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Someone bought this up on the summer madness thread and I agree. Ill will/Jjdd is exactly how a Jjdd battle should go. As long as u prepare and come with it you “ should” beat him. We seen this a couple times now

Hitman
Shine
Twork
Ill will

It’s just that Jjdd normally gets the worst versions of his opponents.

This one really stood out to me cause this was one of if not the best jjdds I ever saw and Will still won to me.

I’ll be the first one to say it. Focused surf “should” beat Jjdd clear. We seen a couple times now Jjdd at his best still losing clearly.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone bought this up on the summer madness thread and I agree. Ill will/Jjdd is exactly how a Jjdd battle should go. As long as u prepare and come with it you “ should” beat him. We seen this a couple times now

Hitman
Shine
Twork
Ill will

This one really stood out to me cause this was one of if not the best jjdds I ever saw and Will still won to me.

I’ll be the first one to say it. Focused surf “should” beat Jjdd clear. We seen a couple times now Jjdd at his best still losing clearly.
No way in hell Surf doesn't choke if he battles JJDD.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hitman
Shine
Twork
Ill will

yep that was me

Every top tier guy “should” beat Todd.

I feel when people pick Todd to win a battle, it’s because they don’t know what version of his opponent is going to show up. I picked Todd to beat Chess, but there is no way Chess should be losing to a guy like Todd.

I wasnt even unsure about the Ill Will battle, just because Ill Will is in that freestyle rebuttal lane and those guys can get sloppy at times. However, he did what he was suppose to do.

When it comes to the top tiers, you can point to a battle where they looked unbeatable. They went outer space and no one was beating them that day. You can’t really do that with Todd. I think he has had moments (Hitman battle, jackboy battle), but he has never made guys fear him, which is why he gets crappy versions of his opponents.