Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
On top of that

nikkas actin like ARP wasnt blatantly poaching talent from the URL and trying to set up battles they already had plans for down the line :martin:

if URL paid hollow 26k to not do the battle, then that's an L for url on the books and it is directly related to ARP. ..so how are they the villains here?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Is hollow going crazy?
He's pulling a battle rap version of Joe Budden. I think every battler saw Norbes sued for 40 Mill and in their heads that means URL has that kinda bag (which is not what it means), but since most battlers aren't in a position to say anything against URL, they're being quiet. I guess since Hollow has his clothing brand, and has a huge name in the culture, he doesn't need URL like the others, so it's allowing him to be more vocal

I think he has some great points, he just needs more focus. Just like with Joe, some of his other shyt (like paying for Twork's medical bills, buying cars for battlers, paying rent) makes people lose focus of his main points (which are good). The other stuff, while a great gesture, is not something URL should be Villainized for not doing.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
y'all wonder why Smack siding with the Rookies on some friendly competition shyt...naw he really tryna get these vets out the paint. It doesn't make business sense to him to pay these nikkas that much anymore. This has been brewing since the bars over names campaign.
According to LTBR podcast they offered K-Shine and Tay Roc a battle with Chilla and both turned it down.

Of course they did. Link to that podcast BTW?