Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Charlie Clips BEEEEEEEEEN washed... Going on 5 years now.
How are cats excited to see Charlie Clips in this day and age :francis:

And I liked Clipse in his socalled prime, as a person new to battle rap his bars were very easy to discern, looking back and rematching though even his classic shyt hasn't aged too well :yeshrug:
That Clips/Lux battle was 5 years ago this month. I agree with your premise here. With a couple of exceptions Clips has pretty much been done for half a decade now. Crazy too when at one point he was seen as one of the Mt Rushmore GOATs.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
You got stock in Twitch or KOTD or something?

:mjlol:
Aye do me favor and try not to be a dikkhead this one time. Even before KOTD had a deal with Twitch, its been known Caffeine was competing with Twitch. Don't believe me? Look up some of the articles that came out before KOTD made the deal with Twitch for the Grand Priz.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
Aye do me favor and try not to be a dikkhead this one time. Even before KOTD had a deal with Twitch, its been known Caffeine was competing with Twitch. Don't believe me? Look up some of the articles that came out before KOTD made the deal with Twitch for the Grand Priz.
I didnt ask because I disagreed with what you're saying, I asked because you've literally said that shyt about 15 times in the last couple of weeks.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. I thought he articulated himself and made better points here.

Yes but I think he should just keep it on residuals.

The URL paying for NJT’s hospital bill would be a nice gesture, but it’s not very realistic.

It’s a tough situation that will never go away. A lot of these guys have never had real jobs. They don’t have health, dental, vision, or life insurance. The one thing they have going for them is battle rapping. They don’t have any other hustles, so what they do is try to make battle rap into their primary source of income and their main resource to tap into when they have an emergency. Guys like Beasley & ARP have looked out for battlers, but that will never be enough.

I hate to say this, but this is an issue in the black community. You won’t see this on the KOTD side because those dudes have jobs.

It’s still a young genre, with no blueprint. It’s still growing, the pay is slowly getting better, but still not quite there yet for anyone to be relying on it as their main source of income. Unfortunately, the guys that will really be getting paid are guys that will emerge 10-15 years down the line. It’s like with NBA these athletes make way more now while the players in the past, that helped build the platform never made as much.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Listening to Hollow's blog right now. I like that he articulated it in this sense and even threw in some history there. Well put.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I hope none of this effects the battles this weekend. Even without Mook/Brizz this is a fire ass card.

SMX predictions

Holmzie/Bill-Bill 2-1 in a fire battle.
T-Top/B-Dot-Top with the 2-1 clear
Shine/Chess-Chess 2-1 clear with this being the best chess we ever saw.
Geechi/Clips=Gecchi gonna 30 a good Clips.
Ill Will/JJDD-Ill Will 2-1 debatable
Verb/Calicoe-Can't call it honestly. Just hope we get 3 fire rounds from both!
T-Top is dope af but this will be a clear 3-0 to B-Dot & I don't see Clips getting 30'd, he's good for a round

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
After watching them recently, I have a hot take/unpopular opinion

Saga vs Prep > Ave vs Rum Nitty
Sage vs Prep Is an underrated classic nothing wild about this take to me at all. I'll do you one better

Bangz vs Fettucine >>>>> Ave vs Rum (& many other battles for that matter)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
lol when has ttop ever been 30d? He’s one of the most prepared battlers out there.

top has been here before

bdot needs to prove he belongs on this stage
It's not a stage tho, it's a quiet room for all intents...
We'll see on Sat tho, should be a good fight

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I’m referring to an event on this magnitude. It’s SM, their flagship event. There’s a certain pressure to perform well.
No doubt, B-Dot's built for it tho. I think he'll shine, he's been on tear of late. T-Top's dope, but (for me) B-Dot raps better, has a better pen plus he can angle with the best of them. We'll see tho.