Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I used to always shake my head when Smack and them would say "We not making that much money from Youtube". I know how Youtube analytics work, they were getting a shyt load of money and still are from their old content. Youtube got more strict with content and yellow marking more things, so that probably plays a factor into why they stopped uploading there (besides just the app), but they made millions off Youtube. Trust me.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

I used to always shake my head when Smack and them would say "We not making that much money from Youtube". I know how Youtube analytics work, they were getting a shyt load of money and still are from their old content. Youtube got more strict with content and yellow marking more things, so that probably plays a factor into why they stopped uploading there (besides just the app), but they made millions off Youtube. Trust me.

I believe the heart of ppl like Hollow is in the right place but hearing some of these battlers talk “Business” is so cringeworthy to me sometimes smh

Hollow: SMACK should give these battlers lawyers to deal with them

Me: uhmmmmm, conflict of interest?

Hollow: SMACK shoulda told em to stop the GoFundMe and offered to cover Twork’s bill, he’s their star

Me: uhmmmmm, SMACK and Beasley are NOT his father.
And what about all the BLACK league owners Twork finessed? No mention of any of that

It’s just weird imo

He made great points about the importance of residuals tho

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just started this video. This is way better then the video Hollow put out and you really understand his perspective way more.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know this in the past but they also knew Magic wasn't coming battle Ave the first time. Same with the JC and Lost battle. URL is always trying defecate someones image.
As they should. It's a decent deterrent. And it's not like Smack and them are forcing these guys to accept battles that they're later going to flake on.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe the heart of ppl like Hollow is in the right place but hearing some of these battlers talk “Business” is so cringeworthy to me sometimes smh

Hollow: SMACK should give these battlers lawyers to deal with them

Me: uhmmmmm, conflict of interest?

Hollow: SMACK shoulda told em to stop the GoFundMe and offered to cover Twork’s bill, he’s their star

Me: uhmmmmm, SMACK and Beasley are NOT his father.
And what about all the BLACK league owners Twork finessed? No mention of any of that

It’s just weird imo

He made great points about the importance of residuals tho
Facts, he raised some good points but he’s asking for things that are just not reasonable.

Get a rent free condo for a battler? If they pay you $15-25k in cash for one battle, that’s at minimum 6 months rent the way these guys live for the most part.

If Beasley offered to pay their rent for a year instead of a cash purse, the battlers themselves would turn it down lol.

I do understand residuals but that’s something that has to be negotiated. It’s uncharted territory for the most part.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I just started this video. This is way better then the video Hollow put out and you really understand his perspective way more.
Agreed. I thought he articulated himself and made better points here.