Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's corny because its coming from Geechi???....

Or is it Corny because thats some shyt Clips would actually say???

:sas1:
Corny because he knows he's being called a c00n for caping for Avocado, and is doing pre-battle damage control. shyt been sad.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference is, Norbes wasn't an "employee" he was a co-founder. He really created URL with Smack and Beasley. They didn't create it and added him on. Now, the issue is, does he have this in writing and can prove it in the court of law.

I personally don’t think there is clarity that he created the URL with Smack and Beasley. According to Norbes, Beasley already had the idea of what he was trying to do. Beasley and Smack already set it in motion. Norbes was like, “what do they need me for?” Well they reached out to him to help secure battlers for the event.

Norbes told the Origin story on Norbes it all. I’m pretty sure from his point of view, he will see it as “we” created it though, based on his contributions.

Objectively you could argue either way

One thing I remember him saying is the Math vs Rex event wasn’t officially the URL yet. Maybe I have to go back and listen to the scout, but I’m curious what Norbes views as the first URL event from his perspective. Probably Hollow vs Big T. Their second event (Verb/miles) was technically a street status event.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bdot has to show up against T-top. I think he has SM level talent, but I don’t necessarily think he deserved a spot on SM. It kind of left a bad taste that he acted like a bytch after JC 30d him. He was only on the URL recently because he got to film rooftop battles at home with his buddy Avocado. His views on the url were underwhelming. I just hope this nygga shows up.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I personally don’t think there is clarity that he created the URL with Smack and Beasley. According to Norbes, Beasley already had the idea of what he was trying to do. Beasley and Smack already set it in motion. Norbes was like, “what do they need me for?” Well they reached out to him to help secure battlers for the event.

Norbes told the Origin story on Norbes it all. I’m pretty sure from his point of view, he will see it as “we” created it though, based on his contributions.

One thing I remember him saying is the Math vs Rex event wasn’t officially the URL yet. Maybe I have to go back and listen to the scout, but I’m curious what Norbes views as the first URL event from his perspective. Probably Hollow vs Big T. Their second event (Verb/miles) was technically a street status event.

Yeah, the whole thing isnt as cut and dry as we see it as. If anything, this won't be over and done for a little minute. But they if they postpone this case just to dry out Norbes in terms of money driving up his legal fees, that would be fukked up.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Yeah, it's fukk Norbes all day but you can't just oust someone who helped found your business without at least breaking them off some bread. Donald Sterling's racists ass was banned from the NBA and still got to sell his team for 2 billion.

^^^This right here.

Jsully

Pro
Daps
^^^This right here.
Its a false equivalency. Donald sterling had clear ownership. Norbes doesnt have ownership. I guess Organik should sue URL since he showed them VOD which also helped them grow their business.

Should they have given him a severance package considering his contributions?? Sure. But saying he deserves a stake in the company because he was an early employee who was good at his job is ridiculous.

Stone Cold saved WWE during the attitude era. Does he deserve an ownership stake because he helped stabilize and grow WWE??

Its a frivolous lawsuit on its face unless he has documentation proving ownership or a contract entitling him to profits or a revenue share.

What he should sue for is wrongful termination. He might have a case there

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

It is a little convoluted how the URL started. That is facts.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference is, Norbes wasn't an "employee" he was a co-founder. He really created URL with Smack and Beasley. They didn't create it and added him on. Now, the issue is, does he have this in writing and can prove it in the court of law.

Will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. If people are saying Star helped Norbes with all this that's very important. Because Star was there at the very beginning, he should have a better idea of whether Norbes has a decent case or not than most.

What about Swag? If Norbes is a co-founder with no paperwork, what is he?

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So at what point did this "URL partner" become Math Hoffa's manager?

Was he a URL founder when he bogarded someone with special needs for their online radio show?

How about when he became Jaz the Rapper's manager and thought he could get her into the industry before she became a cop...

Abeg Beasley just cut ya promo exposing this clown