Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Let me talk to you east coast nyggas. Why y’all nyggas always complaining when someone raps fast? Only nyggas that complained about Jag was you east coast nyggas. Y’all nyggas are the reason JC had to completely slow down his style. The crazy thing is JC had great clarity and had to slow it down.

Hell im not a Diz fan but he gave mediocre performances on the url trying to rap slow for you nyggas. Can y’all catch anything? Y’all call the south, Midwest, west slow, but when a nygga raps with some speed, y’all say he raps too fast, unless it’s Lux of course.
Daylyt raps fast and everyone loved it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just for me personally I did call out shine in the wavy battle for rapping fast and also I like the old JC better he wasn’t too fast for me . Jag was good for a first performance but I do think he was a little too fast

Significant difference

Jag naturally raps fast

Shine was speeding through his shyt unnaturally and delivered an awful performance against Wavy

Difference between a natural versus someone speeding though their shut so they won’t forget it

having said that Jag said Math brought up time limits before the battle, and Jag was rapping was aware of that as he was rapping. Personally, I didn’t think it was the bad

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shine has always rapped fast, did you see Lionz Den??!

nygga Shine was so bad against Wavy, that he had to address it against Verb. We aren’t gonna act like Shine against Wavy is the norm here.

Hell if Shine rapped like he normally did he would have won the battle. The consensus is he lost the battle.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Anyone who thinks Norbes will walk away with something based on what he’s done for URL: please think back to your very first job where you probably got paid $7 an hour to work a cash register or bus tables or whatever

Do you realize how much value you added to the company you worked for? Your work was worth at least 5x what they paid you, so go ask for it. You didn’t try to fukk your coworkers’ baby moms either, right, so you should have a case, right? If norbes deserves money for the value he added and left on horrible terms, why don’t you deserve some after you left on good terms?

for the record all profits are undue wages in my opinion so I’d actually tend to agree with norbes’ case in theory but that’s not the system we live in

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
he’s one of the very few exceptions

as you know there are exceptions in life
I don't know, I just never thought of NY/East Coast people not liking fast rap as a thing. If they think it's good, they think it's good. People here fukk with B Dot, for example.

Only reason people don't fukk with Verb is because of him dissing NY. Not his style.

I don't think NY is why JC slowed down his style, I think it was being on the big stage.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anyone who thinks Norbes will walk away with something based on what he’s done for URL: please think back to your very first job where you probably got paid $7 an hour to work a cash register or bus tables or whatever

Do you realize how much value you added to the company you worked for? Your work was worth at least 5x what they paid you, so go ask for it. You didn’t try to fukk your coworkers’ baby moms either, right, so you should have a case, right? If norbes deserves money for the value he added and left on horrible terms, why don’t you deserve some after you left on good terms?

for the record all profits are undue wages in my opinion so I’d actually tend to agree with norbes’ case in theory but that’s not the system we live in
The difference is, Norbes wasn't an "employee" he was a co-founder. He really created URL with Smack and Beasley. They didn't create it and added him on. Now, the issue is, does he have this in writing and can prove it in the court of law.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference is, Norbes wasn't an "employee" he was a co-founder. He really created URL with Smack and Beasley. They didn't create it and added him on. Now, the issue is, does he have this in writing and can prove it in the court of law.

Yeah, it's fukk Norbes all day but you can't just oust someone who helped found your business without at least breaking them off some bread. Donald Sterling's racists ass was banned from the NBA and still got to sell his team for 2 billion.

Jsully

Pro
Daps
Yeah, it's fukk Norbes all day but you can't just oust someone who helped found your business without at least breaking them off some bread. Donald Sterling's racists ass was banned from the NBA and still got to sell his team for 2 billion.
Yea Norbes should be able to sell his 0% share of URL:russ:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Being there at the beginning apparently isn’t enough to be treated like a cofounder by Smack and them :yeshrug: