Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
While everybody was laughing at Norbes and Happy to see his demise.. He was plotting.. and I'm sure it's a lot of people that want to see URL Fall or Look Bad... So he has had..and will have help trying to stick them for whatever he can get..

I'm not mad at him at all...
He may not get 40.. but he gonna get paid..
Based on what? from everything we know it looks like a frivolous lawsuit. If there's more substance I'd like to see it but at this point it seems like a dart in the sky

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Based on what? from everything we know it looks like a frivolous lawsuit. If there's more substance I'd like to see it but at this point it seems like a dart in the sky

What do you mean based on what? It was evident Norbes did play a major role in getting new talent onto the URL roster. Thru tons of documented vids and etc. Them not having a contract does work in URL's favor; same time, the rest of staff has acknowledged put in the work. Its not like no one knew and this is someone who came out of nowhere and made this claim. It's literally public information. I don't think Norbes would not pursue this had he not seen he had a case. I definitely don't think he's getting 40 plus that percentage but he will probably walk way with something.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
What do you mean based on what? It was evident Norbes did play a major role in getting new talent onto the URL roster. Thru tons of documented vids and etc. Them not having a contract does work in URL's favor; same time, the rest of staff has acknowledged put in the work. Its not like no one knew and this is someone who came out of nowhere and made this claim. It's literally public information. I don't think Norbes would not pursue this had he not seen he had a case. I definitely don't think he's getting 40 plus that percentage but he will probably walk way with something.
He put in work solely as an employee (afaik), that doesn't entitle him to anything. I'm not seeing anything to suggests he'll 'walk away with something'. Until we get something of substance it's just meaningless rhetoric to suggest otherwise

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
He put in work solely as an employee (afaik), that doesn't entitle him to anything. I'm not seeing anything to suggests he'll 'walk away with something'. Until we get something of substance it's just meaningless rhetoric to suggest otherwise

Ok so by your logic...lets just say Norbes is the employee for your sake, right? So the employee getting attacked by the contractor at the workplace and only the employee getting reprimanded is ok? Along with the fact it sounds like communication between the employee and the company wasn't completely clear on what further actions would be taken.

I made no judgements tho??! You guys saying he’ll win, all I’ve said we know nothing about the situation and need more information.

Everyone will have to wait and see. I do think Norbes could walk away with something but specifics are important and this will take a minute to resolve altogether. URL might compromise their budget with Caffeine with this even if they win the suit.

Are you a lawyer? Coli legal experts on deck now lmaoooo

Exactly. I won't even lie like I know the ins and outs of what could happen but I don't think its cut and dry that URL will walk away from this unscathed either.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
a2tdkngxo4n51.jpg

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ok so by your logic...lets just say Norbes is the employee for your sake, right? So the employee getting attacked by the contractor at the workplace and only the employee getting reprimanded is ok? Along with the fact it sounds like communication between the employee and the company wasn't completely clear on what further actions would be taken.
Company aint responsible for the contractor the same way they are for an employee tho, in that same vein they dont have to tell the employee about their discussions with the contractor in question.

Idk seems like norbes just tryna bluff them into paying out a settlement