Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

YOOOOO!!!!! :russ::dead:

I know right? LOL.

So Norbes did all that work for free?

:francis:

Exactly. Yeah, he has been a troll and an a$$hole but he did put in the work.

Lol norbes ain't getting paid shyt. Ya really think the petty god is gonna settle??

Yo, dutchie, don't do that, bro. You responding like you know the deal that they had worked out between each other. Cmon now...Norbes did do a lot for the platform. He at least should get something if they're gonna let him go like that.

Norbes did more for that platform than you think. He also wasn’t no flunkie employee. Don’t downplay his stature because it’s cool to do so now. In the paperwork, In addition the $40M, he is also demanding 10% of URL’s quarterly revenue going forward. For him to be demanding that means there was a lot of business done that we aren’t privy too. There’s way more money in this than people think.

I think they’d rather settle than deal with some long drawn out proceedings. Norbes gotta have some receipts to go forward in this manner

Facts. These nikkas doin' too much sometimes I swear. Anyways, I don't think Norbes will get that much BUT he should get something.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL should tell him to suck out.. Give him a PG wage and duck out.

The Mexican was paid for his work and brought the company into disrepute and was relieved of his duties. Think a Black man would get these second chances... A good lawyer will eat that case.

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
Only case norbes would have if he participated in the actual branding trademark and was apart of the LLC operating agents or one of the registered agents etc. If a lawsuit were to hit URL would norbes be liable? If not then he was simply an employee who participated in conduct detrimental to the brand / company and can be terminated based on that. As posted above doesn't matter if you were around from the beginning should have negotiated more stake in the company.

Doesn't matter if you came on early and the company becomes a billion dollar business. You were an employee that got paid for your services. Now if he can prove he put up his own money and that money was utilized in building the company then he may have a case but as I understand it he wasn't even there in the beginning stages of url he was math manager who got added as a talent scout.

I think norbes is hoping url will settle with him for a undisclosed amount and he will go away. But smack should fight this. Norbes doesn't have a case.

I think this is the correct take. If Norbes cant prove ownership of the brand then he cant win the case. He's done alot for the brand and has added tons of value but unless he was a partial owner then he's not entitled to the money from the caffeine deal. An analogy would be something like Bill Belicheck and the Patriots. Bill's run has added a stupid amount of value to the Patriots organization but since he isnt an owner he has no claim to that Gillette, Bank of America or whatever money they have going on.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there a link to this entire document? I want to check it out. Sad how this whole thing ended, but that’s how businesses goes. It’s surprising that 4 people sharing ownership lasted that long honestly.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Norbes did more for that platform than you think. He also wasn’t no flunkie employee. Don’t downplay his stature because it’s cool to do so now. In the paperwork, In addition the $40M, he is also demanding 10% of URL’s quarterly revenue going forward. For him to be demanding that means there was a lot of business done that we aren’t privy too. There’s way more money in this than people think.

I think they’d rather settle than deal with some long drawn out proceedings. Norbes gotta have some receipts to go forward in this manner

I'm not downplaying norbes involvement at all. I didn't even bring his involvement up. Beasley is just far too petty and his ego too big to settle with Norbes. He's been petty about things far less important than money. Apart from that I think Norbes is a shady fat fukk that deserved everything negative that came his way.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, dutchie, don't do that, bro. You responding like you know the deal that they had worked out between each other. Cmon now...Norbes did do a lot for the platform. He at least should get something if they're gonna let him go like that.

Breh I'm not new in the culture, I know what Norbes brought to the table. He discovered as much talent as he fukked people over and he literally tried fukking battle rappers girls. If he doesn't get what hes entitled to it's due to all the bad karma juju or whatever you want to call it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Bill Collector has grown to be a dangerous battler. He's that guy that you battle him at the wrong time, like Mike P did, you'll fukk your career up. He's become a veteran that has learned from alot of Ls. Most people can beat him, but his a dangerous from a timing standpoint.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This lawsuit invites the IRS to come looking now. How many W-2 or 1099 forms do you think Smack and Beasley have been giving out over the years? It could get wild. I think they’d rather settle for a much smaller amount
This is a frivolous lawsuit and it’ll be treated as such. These type of lawsuits are filed everyday. I can just about guarantee Beasley, Smack and Cheeko have W2s from URL Entertainment LLC.

Norbes has zero paperwork showing he was an equal partner, or even that he was a partner at all.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Breh I'm not new in the culture, I know what Norbes brought to the table. He discovered as much talent as he fukked people over and he literally tried fukking battle rappers girls. If he doesn't get what hes entitled to it's due to all the bad karma juju or whatever you want to call it.

I know you are not new the culture, I'm just sayin' don't do that, breh. We all agree that he fukked up on that front. I won't lie there. But at the same time, I hate to say it but it is a business and before Norbes was doing all that bullshyt, it seems like he was contributing in a very progressive way. It's not as easy as them saying kick rocks once that Twork situation happened and he gets nothing. Because that can be spun as him getting attacked at work; even though Norbes was out of pocket and deserved it. I think Norbes probably wouldn't have pursued this if he didn't see a way to make a case.