Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a frivolous lawsuit and it’ll be treated as such. These type of lawsuits are filed everyday. I can just about guarantee Beasley, Smack and Cheeko have W2s from URL Entertainment LLC.

Norbes has zero paperwork showing he was an equal partner, or even that he was a partner at all.

the guy never moved like an equal partner or seem as invested into the company as the others

imagine Beasley, Smack, and Cheeko doing shyt on the side like Battle rap arena, TWR, and norbes it all podcast? It just wouldn’t happen. Any content they create would go towards the brand.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the guy never moved like an equal partner or seem as invested into the company as the others

imagine Beasley, Smack, and Cheeko doing shyt on the side like Battle rap arena, TWR, and norbes it all podcast? It just wouldn’t happen. Any content they create would go towards the brand.

The one time I met all those guys was when Norbes had started the PGs. Seeing how that system became the foundation of URL I could never say he wasn't doing anything. But I don't know what the contracts say, and like you said he kept trying to get a whole seperate media entity off the ground while working with URL TV.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The one time I met all those guys was when Norbes had started the PGs. Seeing how that system became the foundation of URL I could never say he wasn't doing anything. But I don't know what the contracts say, and like you said he kept trying to get a whole seperate media entity off the ground while working with URL TV.

I never said he didn’t do anything, I’m just saying he never appeared to be an equal partner, especially the last 2 years. Once he moved to Atlanta, his involvement plummeted.

There were plenty of times on camera when he called Beasley the boss and appeared frustrated because they would veto certain matches he suggested.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
While everybody was laughing at Norbes and Happy to see his demise.. He was plotting.. and I'm sure it's a lot of people that want to see URL Fall or Look Bad... So he has had..and will have help trying to stick them for whatever he can get..

I'm not mad at him at all...
He may not get 40.. but he gonna get paid..

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
While everybody was laughing at Norbes and Happy to see his demise.. He was plotting.. and I'm sure it's a lot of people that want to see URL Fall or Look Bad... So he has had..and will have help trying to stick them for whatever he can get..

I'm not mad at him at all...
He may not get 40.. but he gonna get paid..

Yep. I am not cool with what he did to Twork and his BM. Or better yet even to others in the game. At the same time, SMACK URL did give him that position and there were no stipulations on damn near anything he could do or could not do. Just like with Twork beating shyt down his leg when he got out of pocket. HR in the entertainment industry....where y'all at...when this type of shyt comes up, y'all are needed. And I am pretty sure, Caffeine is looking at this a bit more closely now and wondering what the bag will look like for SMACK URL if they see this as a liability going forward. Even if Norbes loses the case, the payout for lawyers and all that more than likely could eat up a chunk of SMACK URL's budget.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said he didn’t do anything, I’m just saying he never appeared to be an equal partner, especially the last 2 years. Once he moved to Atlanta, his involvement plummeted.

There were plenty of times on camera when he called Beasley the boss and appeared frustrated because they would veto certain matches he suggested.

I agree with you, if he was an equal partner he wouldn't have been spending so much time trying to get a seperate but related entity off the ground.

The part about Norbes contribution didn't relate to your post, my bad for the confusion.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't recall, did Math ask Lux for that battle fade when he was on his podcast or not?? I remember Ms. Fit trying to get Lux to battle her or another woman though.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"See nowadays, I'm not in the best of shape, but I lift heavy/ I'm talkin handguns, automatics, I can pick any/
Use whatever machine I want like the gym empty...
Then I wipe the machine down like I'm gym friendly"

remind me who said this?

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
"See nowadays, I'm not in the best of shape, but I lift heavy/ I'm talkin handguns, automatics, I can pick any/
Use whatever machine I want like the gym empty...
Then I wipe the machine down like I'm gym friendly"

remind me who said this?

DNA vs Jymz.