Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
nikka wants 40 mil AND 10% for building the brand?

nikka you better negotiate better while you building the brand

URL gon argue you was a volunteer

and even if you were owed that, you think someone gonna side with you after you was tryna fukk ya actual (twork)/potential (eazy) employee's wives?

after the video ended it looks like norbes detailed all the work he did which is cool but still, how you leave is paramount

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Only case norbes would have if he participated in the actual branding trademark and was apart of the LLC operating agents or one of the registered agents etc. If a lawsuit were to hit URL would norbes be liable? If not then he was simply an employee who participated in conduct detrimental to the brand / company and can be terminated based on that. As posted above doesn't matter if you were around from the beginning should have negotiated more stake in the company.

Doesn't matter if you came on early and the company becomes a billion dollar business. You were an employee that got paid for your services. Now if he can prove he put up his own money and that money was utilized in building the company then he may have a case but as I understand it he wasn't even there in the beginning stages of url he was math manager who got added as a talent scout.

I think norbes is hoping url will settle with him for a undisclosed amount and he will go away. But smack should fight this. Norbes doesn't have a case.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stupid question brehs but summer madness on caffeine is free correct?

and no caffeine app on Xbox yet?

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol norbes ain't getting paid shyt. Ya really think the petty god is gonna settle??

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Lol norbes ain't getting paid shyt. Ya really think the petty god is gonna settle??

Norbes did more for that platform than you think. He also wasn’t no flunkie employee. Don’t downplay his stature because it’s cool to do so now. In the paperwork, In addition the $40M, he is also demanding 10% of URL’s quarterly revenue going forward. For him to be demanding that means there was a lot of business done that we aren’t privy too. There’s way more money in this than people think.

I think they’d rather settle than deal with some long drawn out proceedings. Norbes gotta have some receipts to go forward in this manner

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I'll give Bill credit for developing up to that; because for a LONG time (practically his whole career up until he battled Hitman) he was essentially looked at as a joke. It's hard to shake those type of labels and at the very least he has done that

If not a joke, I'd say...he was a talent that had nothing but jokes at first. And getting into the mix of the bullshyt with Hitman, URL, and few others didn't help. But part of me was like I need to watch him off URL and see how he moves. And his prep game and freestyles are pretty top notch. I don't think there is a lot of people who can prep like he does. I had faith but you know...he could have easily faded into obscurity if he didn't grind and tweak some shyt with his style some more.