Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the conclusion I came too. I think Mook found something out about Brizz and Brizz is afraid of it being leaked.
This is the reason I say guys should be much more afraid to battle a guy like Mook than any of the younger cats who people think are better by talent but just don't have the name (such as a Nitty or JC); at least losing to most guys it's just bars. The elites from that OG era (Mook, Lux, Hollow, Math) expose shyt about you to the world that has gotta burn your soul on a personal level.

This is a good hunch imo, only reason Brizz would back out of a MOOK battle 2 weeks before it happens, even blindsiding Smack of all people (usually URL is understanding of folks backing out because there is usually a good reason) it gotta be something that Mook found out that Brizz don't want out there.

The only thing though is that what is backing out supposed to do...if Mook has that info, he'd just put it out there anyway
I don't think Mook would expose whatever the shyt is (all speculation of course) if they don't actually battle. It seems more likely he would either save those bars in case they DO end up battling in the future (doubtful obviously, but still possible) or if he did let it out, it would be in a random interview, which wouldn't do anywhere near the damage it would do in an actua battle.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This is the reason I say guys should be much more afraid to battle a guy like Mook than any of the younger cats who people think are better by talent but just don't have the name (such as a Nitty or JC); at least losing to most guys it's just bars. The elites from that OG era (Mook, Lux, Hollow, Math) expose shyt about you to the world that has gotta burn your soul on a personal level.

I don't think Mook would expose whatever the shyt is (all speculation of course) if they don't actually battle. It seems more likely he would either save those bars in case they DO end up battling in the future (doubtful obviously, but still possible) or if he did let it out, it would be in a random interview, which wouldn't do anywhere near the damage it would do in an actua battle.
I remember Loso saying this on Battle Rap Trap about a Nitty battle. He said he's not afraid of a Nitty battle like he is a T-Top battle because Nitty will just beat you with punchlines, he won't change the perception of how people look at you.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this brizz backing out thing is really weird. brizz is turning down a ton of money to not battle mook.

in hindsight its really weird mook took the brizz battle considering how picky mook is on opponents

imo i recall a story of mook talking about being in brizz city and brizz supposedly about to run down on them. i wonder if mook and his team was down there trying to get information and the information that mook has brizz knows mook is going to expose in their battle. and mook will feel justified because brizz said fukk his moms. its something mook found out, or brizz is getting death threats or something but i think its what brizz knows mook will expose that is keeping brizz from that battle.

Mook was paid to be there to host a battle. When Brizz heard he was in town, he went to see them.

Perhaps he has some info on him, but the trip you are referring to was business. Hell he took his wife with him to host the battle.

The most logical reason is simply money or some business dispute.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mook was paid to be there to host a battle. When Brizz heard he was in town, he went to see them.

Perhaps he has some info on him, but the trip you are referring to was business. Hell he took his wife with him to host the battle.

Exactly lol. Logic is thrown in the mix and its still a nahhh that ain't it. This is the first time Brizz ever declined from a battle in his entire career. We know he went to school an all that, out of all these years, and all these opponents Mook is only person in the world to finally discover some unknown dirt on Brizz lmao.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

The battle was in DMV area they were just there on some stop for gas shyt ....

Mook doesn’t have dirt on Brizz... that’s not why he backed out.