Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Well the reason why I mentioned is because nikkas have picked out more flaws about someone like Danny than see the strengths. When URL posts up the abilities of these battle rappers before battles presented, they talk about wordplay and etc. But now, we're seeing nikkas walk off stages and throw fits when they get hit with angles. Its like nah, you have to stand there and take it. I'm not sure what school of battle rap they come from but I don't remember walking away in the middle of a battle being something considered as a strength. Maybe its me but even in the freestyle era, that shyt seemed corny if your opponent did that.
Math Hoffa has never had temperament, ever.

He's always been hiding his Diva feminine tendencies behind a "street" image.
I don't know how people stomach his "live" rants.

BTW what was up with the sound quality of that RBE joint?... Sounded off to me.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Math Hoffa has never had temperament, ever.

He's always been hiding his Diva feminine tendencies behind a "street" image.
I don't know how people stomach his "live" rants.

BTW what was up with the sound quality of that RBE joint?... Sounded off to me.

I like Math and won't call him a diva BUT I agree that he needs to stand there and deal with the angles when they are placed in front of him. He's done it for some time that I'd think he would just be like aight lemme take these hits and keep it movin'. That's why I credit Danny a lot more because he stood there took all them shots: 12k to Rex, the shyt with his wife, having mad kids, nikkas think he's corny, his yelling, and all that. And yet, he still battles his way thru all of it. With a low CPR, lol. You have to give it up in that sense.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I like Math and won't call him a diva BUT I agree that he needs to stand there and deal with the angles when they are placed in front of him. He's done it for some time that I'd think he would just be like aight lemme take these hits and keep it movin'. That's why I credit Danny a lot more because he stood there took all them shots: 12k to Rex, the shyt with his wife, having mad kids, nikkas think he's corny, his yelling, and all that. And yet, he still battles his way thru all of it. With a low CPR, lol. You have to give it up in that sense.
Math has been involved in a lot of anger issues type incidents over the years (I barely have a fuse myself and have always been quick to fight, so I fully understand his rage).... However when everything boils over, Math tends to try and victimize himself no matter what he did wrong, he's always the victim.... Hollow Da Don, Serious Jones, Beasley... All the incidents he never provides a balanced grown man take, he always presents himself as the victim.

I actually agree with him walking off stage , coz if a bytch accuses me of rape and she's lying, I ain't trying to hear no "angle" on a false rape charge, but he should've had the "Keke clause" during the contract negotiations

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Math has been involved in a lot of anger issues type incidents over the years (I barely have a fuse myself and have always been quick to fight, so I fully understand his rage).... However when everything boils over, Math tends to try and victimize himself no matter what he did wrong, he's always the victim.... Hollow Da Don, Serious Jones, Beasley... All the incidents he never provides a balanced grown man take, he always presents himself as the victim.

I actually agree with him walking off stage , coz if a bytch accuses me of rape and she's lying, I ain't trying to hear no "angle" on a false rape charge, but he should've had the "Keke clause" during the contract negotiations
He was on PSA and said the alternative was swinging on Jag, so he walked away and gathered his thoughts. He said Hollow jumped off stage during his third and nobody said anything about it. And he said in future contracts he’ll do it but this battle was locked in before COVID even happened. I believe March he said, so the KeKe stuff wasn’t even circling around for him to put that in the contract.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Danny Myers is for me Top 5 best battery rappers Alice right now, possibly top 3 and I don't even like his style.
were you raised super religious fam like there's rules to this shyt lol. if i dont like someone's style, he's WACK. alchemist was with hollow talking about how dope chedda cheese is and had all sorts of reasons. but when i hear chedda cheese rap he's WACK.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
were you raised super religious fam like there's rules to this shyt lol. if i dont like someone's style, he's WACK. alchemist was with hollow talking about how dope chedda cheese is and had all sorts of reasons. but when i hear chedda cheese rap he's WACK.
I'm typing on the phone. So spelling is atrocious...

Once a battle rapper has crazy metaphors, punchlines, rebuttals, angles etc all amalgamated into a unique personna (vet) you can't just say you don't like someone without providing a thorough breakdown of why they're wack, Danny Myers, K Shine, Ave, DNA etc tick all the boxes to be considered great, even though I don't like their styles personally (Besides Ave, whom I love, Pause)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Rewatched JC vs Ave and Ave was acting like a straight bytch the whole time trying to turn the crowd against JC queuing them not to react. And JC still won lol... JCs set ups are better than nikkas punches. nikkas dont appreciate his narrative ability. nikkas want hear the same shyt every battle. Back to back punching with little to no structure...

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Chilla vs Lux is one of my most anticipated battles ever.

I wanna watch em in that (Caffeine) small room, so nikkas can rap and get they bars off.

Out of all battlers, their rhymebooks I wanna read most.

To me, they’re the most gifted pens
Jc lux
Chilla lux
Daylyt lux

my dream battles