Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
John John like DNA is just an older PG who has been abusing his Smack privileges for years...

Can anyone give me 10 haymakers from each in all their battles that were not stolen bars..

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
EZ Da Block Captain is arguably 4-0 on Caffeine.

I had Fonz winning by a super thin margin but that was easily the best battle of Ultimate Madness 1...might need to rewatch that one

Reupped the same day the Motorola came out, he came home with two Razors :banderas:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
That's anywhere as bad as Tsu Surf, Chess and Twork huh? :unimpressed:

These 3 are headlining the biggest cards in battle rap history, choking and getting rewarded with even bigger plates :beli:

we have had this convo over and over. i'm with you and argued the same point. but nikkas like what they like and when politics, some bullshyt about marketing, and etc. play a role in it, they could care less of who does and doesn't get rewarded. that's why i don't mind judged battles and there being a ranking system to show who should move up and move down. regardless of who is my fav. or if i cannot stand them, they win...they win...they lose...they lose. debatable/ties? nikkas won't like it but fukk it happens.

Because the fans demand them. If the fans demanded someone like say Danny Myers he wouldn't have to win a tournament to be on SM.

i will say that Danny....even tho he isn't on Summer Madness....he's been solidifying his mark in the game even more and his fanbase has grown. Yeah Summer Madness is a big deal to be on and I am glad he said he just wants to work his way up. However, he damn near got everyone saying parallel universe shyt. And he has faced some top notch comp and either arguably won or had a debatable. A few losses here and there. Also, I think he shows different attributes that you need. Anyone with that many angles on them would probably quit by now so he can take a hit. Good punches and his rebuttal game is there.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
we have had this convo over and over. i'm with you and argued the same point. but nikkas like what they like and when politics, some bullshyt about marketing, and etc. play a role in it, they could care less of who does and doesn't get rewarded. that's why i don't mind judged battles and there being a ranking system to show who should move up and move down. regardless of who is my fav. or if i cannot stand them, they win...they win...they lose...they lose. debatable/ties? nikkas won't like it but fukk it happens.

i will say that Danny....even tho he isn't on Summer Madness....he's been solidifying his mark in the game even more and his fanbase has grown. Yeah Summer Madness is a big deal to be on and I am glad he said he just wants to work his way up. However, he damn near got everyone saying parallel universe shyt. And he has faced some top notch comp and either arguably won or had a debatable. A few losses here and there. Also, I think he shows different attributes that you need. Anyone with that many angles on them would probably quit by now so he can take a hit. Good punches and his rebuttal game is there.
Danny Myers is for me Top 5 best battery rappers Alice right now, possibly top 3 and I don't even like his style.

We shouldn't even have to qualify his attributes, whether I like Rum Nitty or not, his pen in God tier... This I created a top 10, I reckon 8 of them would be guys whose styles I don't even like...
Why are the modern battle rap fans incapable of separating the guy they like (pause) and unbiased definitive top tier lists.

But I agree with you, battles should be judged, but it should be a week later, judges should be allowed to marinate on a battle and bars. And it should be more than 3 judges.. (5) to avoid ties

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Danny Myers is for me Top 5 best battery rappers Alice right now, possibly top 3 and I don't even like his style.

We shouldn't even have to qualify his attributes, whether I like Rum Nitty or not, his pen in God tier... This I created a top 10, I reckon 8 of them would be guys whose styles I don't even like...
Why are the modern battle rap fans incapable of separating the guy they like (pause) and unbiased definitive top tier lists.

But I agree with you, battles should be judged, but it should be a week later, judges should be allowed to marinate on a battle and bars. And it should be more than 3 judges.. (5) to avoid ties

Well the reason why I mentioned is because nikkas have picked out more flaws about someone like Danny than see the strengths. When URL posts up the abilities of these battle rappers before battles presented, they talk about wordplay and etc. But now, we're seeing nikkas walk off stages and throw fits when they get hit with angles. Its like nah, you have to stand there and take it. I'm not sure what school of battle rap they come from but I don't remember walking away in the middle of a battle being something considered as a strength. Maybe its me but even in the freestyle era, that shyt seemed corny if your opponent did that.