Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I always believed in Chilla. Gave y'all a classic with JC and they all fukked with him. Once he was off URL, they threw him hate. He's been consistent. Tweaked his style some more, too. About time folks are seeing Chilla can go to the next level.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chilla vs Lux is one of my most anticipated battles ever.

I wanna watch em in that (Caffeine) small room, so nikkas can rap and get they bars off.

Out of all battlers, their rhymebooks I wanna read most.

To me, they’re the most gifted pens

Chilla is gifted himself so I'm not saying this to discredit him and I do indeed wanna see the battle, but I think that Lux and Quantum physics are the most gifted pens. Like with Chilla even with his craziest shyt I could kinda see how he would come up with those kind of bars. Lux and QP always got me scratching my head with some of this shyt they come up with :mjlol: Lux's second that he didn't get to spit for Cal or QP's build up to the Kevin Bacon bar when he battled Qleen always just leave me in awe. If QP wasn't such a nutcase would've wanted to see him battle Lux :mjcry:

But I'm not against Lux vs Chilla/JC/Rum Nitty at all. Wanna see Beloved in there with more pen guys in this Covid/caffeine era of battle rap

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Chilla is gifted himself so I'm not saying this to discredit him and I do indeed wanna see the battle, but I think that Lux and Quantum physics are the most gifted pens. Like with Chilla even with his craziest shyt I could kinda see how he would come up with those kind of bars. Lux and QP always got me scratching my head with some of this shyt they come up with :mjlol: Lux's second that he didn't get to spit for Cal or QP's build up to the Kevin Bacon bar when he battled Qleen always just leave me in awe. If QP wasn't such a nutcase would've wanted to see him battle Lux :mjcry:

But I'm not against Lux vs Chilla/JC/Rum Nitty at all. Wanna see Beloved in there with more pen guys in this Covid/caffeine era of battle rap
Yea imo Lux/Daylyt/QP/Bill Collector/Nitty could drag any top tier to a dark place if they're focused, outside of nitty all of them are weird as fukk and it makes for crazy writing

JC and Chilla are right outside the door but they're too normal mentally

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm typing on the phone. So spelling is atrocious...

Once a battle rapper has crazy metaphors, punchlines, rebuttals, angles etc all amalgamated into a unique personna (vet) you can't just say you don't like someone without providing a thorough breakdown of why they're wack, Danny Myers, K Shine, Ave, DNA etc tick all the boxes to be considered great, even though I don't like their styles personally (Besides Ave, whom I love, Pause)
I personally don’t rush to watch the battles of any of those guys. They’re all good or really good but not that appealing to me at this point in their careers

I need a thorough breakdown on how Ave has been rapping the same 3 rounds since 2016?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was on PSA and said the alternative was swinging on Jag, so he walked away and gathered his thoughts. He said Hollow jumped off stage during his third and nobody said anything about it. And he said in future contracts he’ll do it but this battle was locked in before COVID even happened. I believe March he said, so the KeKe stuff wasn’t even circling around for him to put that in the contract.
This is some typical deflection, lack of accountability shyt by Math.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea imo Lux/Daylyt/QP/Bill Collector/Nitty could drag any top tier to a dark place if they're focused, outside of nitty all of them are weird as fukk and it makes for crazy writing

JC and Chilla are right outside the door but they're too normal mentally
1 of these guys is nothing like the others. :comeon: :usure:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

Bill doesnt play fair man

like yeah he isn't the writers writer or even the super puncher, or the angler but he can come up with some shyt as well as any of those and on top of that his comedy and charisma makes it a different type of fight, plus you NEVER know what you gonna get

outside of T-Top i wouldn't bet on any top tier vs Bill reliably, it turns into debatable territory for everyone else imo

..in fact, sign me up for Bill Collector vs Pat Stay

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is some typical deflection, lack of accountability shyt by Math.
The thing is, it's true though. nikkas pick and choose when to hold people accountable, and to nitpick everything.

I do agree at this point, he should defer to PR or a publicist at least to keep from getting himself in trouble. Too much bread at stake.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

How does Nitty belong with Day/QP/Chilla/JC more than Bill? At least Bill possesses minute writing ability. Rum doesn't. He literally just punches. Like that's all he can do. I understand nikkas like him but lets be real here. he has no business being mentioned alongside dudes like that...