Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't what you're saying.

My point is that a super lyricist is a super lyricist, I hold Ras Kass "Soul On Ice" as highly as any other East Coast album.
To me I don't care where a dude from, bars are bars

Even production wise I'm as big a fan of Beatminerz, Erick Sermon as I am of Dj Quik, Dj Battlecat, Daz Dillinger etc

I think Daylyt is a superb lyricist, I hold him to the same standard as any other lyricist .

During that goofy New York vs Midwest movement crap, I liked ALL the guys who were great, Hitman Holla, Verb regardless of them say "Hurr".

I've noticed in Battle Rap dudes who aren't pure fans of hip hop as an art form, tend to have a lot of regional biases, even cats liking a Brooklyn rapper over a Harlem one etc

Danny Myers is one of the greatest battle rappers in the world right now, I'm as excited to see him as I am to see Ave, Rum Nitty, K Shine, npn-choking Chess etc etc

A lot of people claim to not like B Dot or Danny Myers or Daylyt, mostly coz they're from the West coast and don't have those East Coast cadences and references. Which shouldn't matter if you truly love bars/hip hop

I don’t even know how you got to this point.

You said Danny Myers would be a big star if he was from Brooklyn or Harlem. He wouldn’t even rap that way if he was from the east coast. Stylewise he’d be a completely different rapper.

You said there is no major difference between Daylyt and Loaded Lux, which is not true at all.

The reason I brought up Ras Kass, because you seem to have a hard time differentiating emcees saying Shine & Danny Myers are the same. I was trying to gauge where does Ras Kass sound like he’s from?

Then you went on this long ass rant on “I like this, I like that, I don’t care where it’s from, dope is dope” that doesn’t have shyt to do with anything.

I totally get it, you like a variety of different type of rappers and producers. But it’s foolish to dismiss what may be hot to you, may not be hot to the next person.

I don’t really see what the problem is if people choose to prefer someone that sounds like them and talks the type of shyt they want to hear.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't what you're saying.

My point is that a super lyricist is a super lyricist, I hold Ras Kass "Soul On Ice" as highly as any other East Coast album.
To me I don't care where a dude from, bars are bars

Even production wise I'm as big a fan of Beatminerz, Erick Sermon as I am of Dj Quik, Dj Battlecat, Daz Dillinger etc

I think Daylyt is a superb lyricist, I hold him to the same standard as any other lyricist .

During that goofy New York vs Midwest movement crap, I liked ALL the guys who were great, Hitman Holla, Verb regardless of them say "Hurr".

I've noticed in Battle Rap dudes who aren't pure fans of hip hop as an art form, tend to have a lot of regional biases, even cats liking a Brooklyn rapper over a Harlem one etc

Danny Myers is one of the greatest battle rappers in the world right now, I'm as excited to see him as I am to see Ave, Rum Nitty, K Shine, npn-choking Chess etc etc

A lot of people claim to not like B Dot or Danny Myers or Daylyt, mostly coz they're from the West coast and don't have those East Coast cadences and references. Which shouldn't matter if you truly love bars/hip hop
Being from the West Coast isn't why a lot of people don't fukk with Danny (just the overall corniness). Same thing with Daylyt (all of the trolling), and to a lesser extent B. Dot (it was the blatant Lux biting). Not saying there aren't biases, but I don't think that's what's holding these guys in particular back. Being from the West isn't fukking up Geechi's run (even though his insistence on trying to save Avo may).

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Could a Westcoast or mid west rapper choke as much as Chess, Twork and Surf and continue to have a loyal fan base, getting big plates on big cards? :francis:
Absolutely. Daylyt straight trolled and ruined battles consistently, got bodied a few times when facing top lyrical comp (Mickey, Cortez), left the whole scene for years, came back, had one great battle, and is the talk of the game. Aye Verb went through the whole "Pay Verb" era and has maintained legend status.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah theres no way Jag won i just watched it. Jag wasnt even better than 40cal to me. he was better than cassidy. i still would have king los ahead of jag too. jag also was rapping too fast at times. i got math 3-0. jag wasnt bad but this was an on point math, he had some small pauses here and there id like to see gone but his material was A1 Jag had a lot of simple shyt and overused punches at times. he wasnt bad id see him again, maybe him vs 40cal. but math clearly 3-0 , the angle wasnt presented well to me anyway. i liked jags 2nd the best of his rounds.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I don’t even know how you got to this point.

You said Danny Myers would be a big star if he was from Brooklyn or Harlem. He wouldn’t even rap that way if he was from the east coast. Stylewise he’d be a completely different rapper.

You said there is no major difference between Daylyt and Loaded Lux, which is not true at all.

The reason I brought up Ras Kass, because you seem to have a hard time differentiating emcees saying Shine & Danny Myers are the same. I was trying to gauge where does Ras Kass sound like he’s from?

Then you went on this long ass rant on “I like this, I like that, I don’t care where it’s from, dope is dope” that doesn’t have shyt to do with anything.

I totally get it, you like a variety of different type of rappers and producers. But it’s foolish to dismiss what may be hot to you, may not be hot to the next person.

I don’t really see what the problem is if people choose to prefer someone that sounds like them and talks the type of shyt they want to hear.

Urgh. :unimpressed:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Absolutely. Daylyt straight trolled and ruined battles consistently, got bodied a few times when facing top lyrical comp (Mickey, Cortez), left the whole scene for years, came back, had one great battle, and is the talk of the game. Aye Verb went through the whole "Pay Verb" era and has maintained legend status.
That's anywhere as bad as Tsu Surf, Chess and Twork huh? :unimpressed:

These 3 are headlining the biggest cards in battle rap history, choking and getting rewarded with even bigger plates :beli:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That's anywhere as bad as Tsu Surf, Chess and Twork huh? :unimpressed:

These 3 are headlining the biggest cards in battle rap history, choking and getting rewarded with even bigger plates :beli:

Because the fans demand them. If the fans demanded someone like say Danny Myers he wouldn't have to win a tournament to be on SM.