Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Yes. All battles on Url are gonna be filmed that way for the foreseeable future.
Nome X was garbage outside of Daylyt leaving earth.

I don't mind small rooms, but literally 2 people and no one else is some bullshyt... A guy like Brizz Rawsteen feeds off energy and is a master at crafting the energy in the room (big stage or small room)...

Im sick of these Caffeine battles... Get a spread out, tested crowd in there, bloggers and battle rap groupies etc

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I haven’t seen the battle yet, but it has more to do with people thinking he sucks then him being emotional.

The battle took place in the south. The majority of the room has Math losing 30. The battle comes out. Based on what I’ve read, a lot of people felt he lost. His style doesn’t resonate with a lot of the battle rap community man.

It’s just like that at times. It seems Danny Myers doesn’t resonate with east coast battle rap fans. It happens.
If Danny Myers rapped the exact same way but was from Brooklyn or Harlem he'd the top 3 biggest star in URL :yeshrug:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I don’t think he’d rap that exact same way if he was from Brooklyn or Harlem.
There's no major difference between Loaded Lux(Harlem) and and Daylyt (Watts or whatever Westcoast hood he from)... Danny is just a West Coast K Shine, but East Coast fans are suckers for their local cadences and references, instead of being stans of BARS.

Been my observation in battle rap

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no major difference between Loaded Lux(Harlem) and and Daylyt (Watts or whatever Westcoast hood he from)... Danny is just a West Coast K Shine, but East Coast fans are suckers for their local cadences and references, instead of being stans of BARS.

Daylyt sounds nothing like Lux breh

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You must have just started watching.

Daylyt sounded like a west coast nygga. Once Lux/Calicoe happened, he completely revamped his style. However, even with his Lux influence, he still sounds like he’s from the west coast.

You must believe all lyrical guys sound like they’re from the east coast? Would you say guys like crooked I and ras kass rap like they’re from New York?

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t seen the battle yet, but it has more to do with people thinking he sucks then him being emotional.

The battle took place in the south. The majority of the room has Math losing 30. The battle comes out. Based on what I’ve read, a lot of people felt he lost. His style doesn’t resonate with a lot of the battle rap community man.

It’s just like that at times. It seems Danny Myers doesn’t resonate with east coast battle rap fans. It happens.
I think it is the case for some people. However, the majority of the comments from people that feel he lose are talking about him walking off and being emotional. Three Letterman, Vada Fly, Jon Reel, and Piperboy all have Math winning. Even Angryfan who is Jag biggest supporter in Battle Rap didn’t outright say Jag won, and stated Math was dope in the battle. I haven’t seen a lot of comments stating jag beat Math purely off of material.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
You must have just started watching.

Daylyt sounded like a west coast nygga. Once Lux/Calicoe happened, he completely revamped his style. However, even with his Lux influence, he still sounds like he’s from the west coast.

You must believe all lyrical guys sound like they’re from the east coast? Would you say guys like crooked I and ras kass rap like they’re from New York?
I don't what you're saying.

My point is that a super lyricist is a super lyricist, I hold Ras Kass "Soul On Ice" as highly as any other East Coast album.
To me I don't care where a dude from, bars are bars

Even production wise I'm as big a fan of Beatminerz, Erick Sermon as I am of Dj Quik, Dj Battlecat, Daz Dillinger etc

I think Daylyt is a superb lyricist, I hold him to the same standard as any other lyricist .

During that goofy New York vs Midwest movement crap, I liked ALL the guys who were great, Hitman Holla, Verb regardless of them say "Hurr".

I've noticed in Battle Rap dudes who aren't pure fans of hip hop as an art form, tend to have a lot of regional biases, even cats liking a Brooklyn rapper over a Harlem one etc

Danny Myers is one of the greatest battle rappers in the world right now, I'm as excited to see him as I am to see Ave, Rum Nitty, K Shine, npn-choking Chess etc etc

A lot of people claim to not like B Dot or Danny Myers or Daylyt, mostly coz they're from the West coast and don't have those East Coast cadences and references. Which shouldn't matter if you truly love bars/hip hop

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't what you're saying.

My point is that a super lyricist is a super lyricist, I hold Ras Kass "Soul On Ice" as highly as any other East Coast album.
To me I don't care where a dude from, bars are bars

Even production wise I'm as big a fan of Beatminerz, Erick Sermon as I am of Dj Quik, Dj Battlecat, Daz Dillinger etc

I think Daylyt is a superb lyricist, I hold him to the same standard as any other lyricist .

During that goofy New York vs Midwest movement crap, I liked ALL the guys who were great, Hitman Holla, Verb regardless of them say "Hurr".

I've noticed in Battle Rap dudes who aren't pure fans of hip hop as an art form, tend to have a lot of regional biases, even cats liking a Brooklyn rapper over a Harlem one etc

Danny Myers is one of the greatest battle rappers in the world right now, I'm as excited to see him as I am to see Ave, Rum Nitty, K Shine, npn-choking Chess etc etc

A lot of people claim to not like B Dot or Danny Myers or Daylyt, mostly coz they're from the West coast and don't have those East Coast cadences and references. Which shouldn't matter if you truly love bars/hip hop

If that was the case then Verb, Calicoe, Hitman, Big T and Ill wouldn't have wins again NY dudes IN NY

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
If that was the case then Verb, Calicoe, Hitman, Big T and Ill wouldn't have wins again NY dudes IN NY
Could a Westcoast or mid west rapper choke as much as Chess, Twork and Surf and continue to have a loyal fan base, getting big plates on big cards? :francis:

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Could a Westcoast or mid west rapper choke as much as Chess, Twork and Surf and continue to have a loyal fan base, getting big plates on big cards? :francis:

They're local and he dont gotta pay for flights and hotels etc. Plus they do numbers. :yeshrug:

I dont agree with it either but we been literally hearing about the politics behind the scenes for years. This nikka literally said he aint eating no more losses for nikkas fukking up but yet still ready to book Surf again. :hhh: