Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Ehh... calling Reepah a dead beat in a battle rap angle is way different than saying black battle rappers are bad fathers. That’s like saying Mike P is racist for his angle against Danny and twisting it to imply that all black battle rappers are bad partners.
I agree and it’s a difference in the presentation too

I just think it’s funny that the one white rapper to come out and condemn the whole thing has a round on it, and one that’s probably not true

it’s not “wrong” of him to do it because it’s battle rap but he looks a little like the guys he’s going at in the post he made

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Right, I just think we as battle rap fans need to keep an eye out for what can happen next in these situations. We all thought that Alkie David shyt was next level and you saw how that tanked. Or how about KOTD vs. QOTR; the folks that tried to put that on didn't even try to redo that shyt again. That league in the UK that gave us only one round of that Hollow and Pat battle ain't come back at all either. fukkin' Teddy Grizzle spent his inheritance on battle rap in the desert and never came back. Total Slaughter only had 1 season. BET stopped doing UFF. Point I am making is, that damn near all of them saw the rise in battle rap and walk the fukk away either bruised up or not effected.

This situation is different because this is corporate multimedia money backing this more than it has before and its URL, however, they can easily walk away from this see if another form of entertainment will suffice. Again like I keep saying, they are competing with Twitch.
200.gif

Also anyone else think Cortez bout to do Eazy bad? And i really like Eazy. Probably a Philly thing lol. But people just outright forgetting Cortez was talking to T-Top soul last year lol. The way Cortez was handling himself on that champion episode. Just seems like he got something special set up for Eazy.

Last edited:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Right, I just think we as battle rap fans need to keep an eye out for what can happen next in these situations. We all thought that Alkie David shyt was next level and you saw how that tanked. Or how about KOTD vs. QOTR; the folks that tried to put that on didn't even try to redo that shyt again. That league in the UK that gave us only one round of that Hollow and Pat battle ain't come back at all either. fukkin' Teddy Grizzle spent his inheritance on battle rap in the desert and never came back. Total Slaughter only had 1 season. BET stopped doing UFF. Point I am making is, that damn near all of them saw the rise in battle rap and walk the fukk away either bruised up or not effected.

This situation is different because this is corporate multimedia money backing this more than it has before and its URL, however, they can easily walk away from this see if another form of entertainment will suffice. Again like I keep saying, they are competing with Twitch.

This will always be the funniest shyt to me

"Damn bro I'm sorry your grandpa died, what you got in mind for the money he left you? Gonna buy some property? Travel the world? Invest?"

"Nah I wanna see Mistah FAB rap for 40 minutes against Arsonal"

:dwillhuh:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Chess is trash. All the battles he didnt choke in he lost clearly. Aside from Whori Hoe

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
This will always be the funniest shyt to me

"Damn bro I'm sorry your grandpa died, what you got in mind for the money he left you? Gonna buy some property? Travel the world? Invest?"

"Nah I wanna see Mistah FAB rap for 40 minutes against Arsonal"

:dwillhuh:

He went from Teddy Grizzle to Teddy Struggle after on battle rap event. Disgusting.
:scust:

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
200.gif

Also anyone else think Cortez bout to do Eazy bad? And i really like Eazy. Probably a Philly thing lol. But people just outright forgetting Cortez was talking to T-Top soul last year lol. The way Cortez was handling himself on that champion episode. Just seems like he got something special set up for Eazy.

I aint sure. but Tez since that surf blog seems to be in a different bag lately.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
He went from Teddy Grizzle to Teddy Struggle after on battle rap event. Disgusting.
:scust:

Imagine someone in his family asking him how his event in Phoenix went?

"Well this one guy did an entire anti-Semitic round that will never be YouTube eligible and another guy attempted to take a shyt on stage, but other than that, it was a pretty good day"