Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Ehh... calling Reepah a dead beat in a battle rap angle is way different than saying black battle rappers are bad fathers. That’s like saying Mike P is racist for his angle against Danny and twisting it to imply that all black battle rappers are bad partners.

yeah, had Real Deal laced it with an overall statement like 24/7 did, i'm pretty sure that battle would have been taken down and i am pretty sure would have never heard from Real Deal again.

side note: met Real Deal in person once. hella cool for real. he was in DC with his lady or whatnot nearby my job and i recognized him. he almost went up the wrong way to hang out somewhere and i helped him out, lol.

Ardamus

Daps
Avi is the god.......at visuals. That's it. Also not every black person feels a deep rooted need for validation from whitrs that's absurd.

Pretty much this. Visually, the muthafukka talented. The situation tho with 24/7? He played the role of an enabler which makes it horrible for him.

Ardamus

Daps
Salute to Del he rocks with Smack URL and the battle culture are a whole.

Also good to know Del can finally accept "writtens" in a battle lol.

Del....one of my top 20 of all time. Salute.
:salute:

Edit: I have to point this out....because some of how Del saw battle rap come up in this form is partially how I saw some of it as well.

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who followed Grind Time when it was the only game in town, I can say Real Deal really hasn't displayed the stereotypical entitlement or inferiority complex related issues that so many other white people in and around battle rap have shown over the years.

It doesn't mean he is above reproach. I'm just saying I've never peeped him pandering OR whining.

Ardamus

Daps
As someone who followed Grind Time when it was the only game in town, I can say Real Deal really hasn't displayed the stereotypical entitlement or inferiority complex related issues that so many other white people in and around battle rap have shown over the years.

It doesn't mean he is above reproach. I'm just saying I've never peeped him pandering OR whining.

From what I know, Real Deal never been on no bullshyt. And what you saw on Grind Time from him is what I saw. Hell, he was one of the people that had me watching the shyt.

And hell I've been to Pittsburgh and know some folks from there, he is not lyin' about shyt is up there.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
K-Shine vs Chess officially announced for SMX
SMMFH
Jon on point as usual. White fans out here really got the gall to try to tell black folks how to feel about Avo laughing and giggling along with some cac talking shyt about black folks. Even trying to accept his BS apology on our behalf!
TAWK!!! I feel like I’m in the twilight zone bro WTFFFF

THE NERVE!

Ardamus

Daps
Chess gets Shine....smdh. I remember when I was like cmon now....the lil homie is talented but all that throwing up in buckets and choking shyt gotta stop. So he fails upwards...and gets Chess? Wow bro....

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm WILD late due to my YT backlog, just watched MEO with Swave and Ike P. That shyt was funny AF. Ike ignorant AF, we need to invite him onto The Coli, he'd fit right in:russ:

TRANNY, nikka!:deadrose: