Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This what happen when the culture don't screen the clients :mjcry:

All this work we put in nikka...we got the same simple assignment.

When these nikkas gas these wanna be down cacs up..we gotta do realignments :snoop: :heh:

This is how they act though. His dumb ass just did it publicly.

You can tell this clown had no interaction with black people until he got involved with battle rap.

I said years ago that the URL should have put one of their camera men under Avacado to watch his technique, similar to how Gus put Gale with Walt ( breaking bad), and then when the time comes, kick his corny white ass to the curb.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Chess doesn't deserve Shine right this moment but he already "earned" a Shine match for what he did in 2019. Knowing Chess is a replacement for Pat Stay makes the battle make sense to happen right now.

Chess has gotten WAY more chances then he deserves but i be lying if i said i don't think Chess is gonna win this.

Shine is honestly in a lose/lose situation so i respect him for taking the battle anyway. The money must be good right now for them.

I think Nitty/Reed was leaked a couple days ago right? So right now we have

Mook/Brizz
Shine/Chess
Nitty/Reed
Plus the UM finals. We only have room for 1-2 more matches. I wouldn't be shocked to see Geechi/Calicoe and Jaz/Fit as the last 2.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Chess choked on the first Caffeine card then choked recently against B-Magic, and so of course he gets rewarded with a SM battle.

Wonder what idiocracy awaits tomorrow.

So i'm wondering. Are yall mad that Chess is getting Shine? Or are yall mad that it's happening on SM?

Chess has already done enough to get shine. His chokes vs Magic doesn't negate that. And he lost to JJDD yes but he didn't have a bad performance.

And again it was supposed to be Shine/Pat Stay but Pat cant cross the border right now. Plus we know Smack/Beasley are fans of storylines. The storyline of Shine/Chess is still going on. The battle still makes sense.

Also this is a scary match for Chess as well. Like at the end of the day it's still Shine. If Shine does Chess dirty it's over for Chess.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
So i'm wondering. Are yall mad that Chess is getting Shine? Or are yall mad that it's happening on SM?

Chess has already done enough to get shine. His chokes vs Magic doesn't negate that. And he lost to JJDD yes but he didn't have a bad performance.

And again it was supposed to be Shine/Pat Stay but Pat cant cross the border right now. Plus we know Smack/Beasley are fans of storylines. The storyline of Shine/Chess is still going on. The battle still makes sense.

Also this is a scary match for Chess as well. Like at the end of the day it's still Shine. If Shine does Chess dirty it's over for Chess.

Nah bruh, its about working out the mechanics completely and being more consistent. Like before he can be on an SM kind of event, Chess gotta work his way up again a little. Bottomline. Plus, Chess was getting protected by the fans a whole lot with excusing him because of his age really and the fanbase. I like Chess, too, but he gotta work out the shyt that's dropping his stock. This Shine battle wasn't something we asked for really but hey, Pat can't make it....so its damn near like a card filler. Hate to say it. Smdh.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Also someone posted this in the norbes facebook group. Some of the upcoming rookies vs vets battle. Supposedly the entire "season" is 15 battles

Your Honor/Ill Will
Swamp/T-Top
Ace Amin/Qleen Paper.
Real Sikh/Chilla Jones
Lu Castro/Bill Collector
Eazy the Block Captian/Cortez
Ru Bando/B-Magic
Coffee Brown/40 Barrs
Casey Jay/Gattas

Also supposedly DOT/Qleen/Chef Trez and Real Deal were approached for UM3/ They still trying to fill out the slots. Caffeine is giving URL 25k every 3 months for these tournaments as long as the ratings hold. They don't know If UM3 is right after UM2 or if they are doing Sweet Sixteen next(QOTR)

I would assume the QOTR tournament is next since they already have their roster.

This also might not happen until next year but they said URL is definitely in the planning stages of making their entire youtube catalog available on the app.

Last edited:

Ardamus

Daps
damn i just realized, they're basically redoing what they couldn't do with UFF. because, UFF didn't run like this before with the back to back tournaments, right? interesting.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also someone posted this in the norbes facebook group. Some of the upcoming rookies vs vets battle. Supposedly the entire "season" is 15 battles

Your Honor/Ill Will
Swamp/T-Top
Ace Amin/Qleen Paper.
Real Sikh/Chilla Jones
Lu Castro/Bill Collector
Eazy the Block Captian/Cortez
Ru Bando/B-Magic
Coffee Brown/40 Barrs
Casey Jay/Gattas

Also supposedly DOT/Qleen/Chef Trez and Real Deal were approached for UM3/ They still trying to fill out the slots. Caffeine is giving URL 25k every 3 months for these tournaments as long as the ratings hold. They don't know If UM3 is right after UM2 or if they are doing Sweet Sixteen next(QOTR)

I would assume the QOTR tournament is next since they already have their roster.

This also might not happen until next year but they said URL is definitely in the planning stages of making their entire youtube catalog available on the app.

Think swamp is battling qleen on rookies Vs vets. He said he definitely not vs top on this. Wouldn't surprise me if they battle on SM.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Think swamp is battling qleen on rookies Vs vets. He said he definitely not vs top on this. Wouldn't surprise me if they battle on SM.

Yea i saw the interview he said that on too. But that same interview both Beasley/Smack said they want top/swamp so we'll see. But yea Qleen is def booked for Rookies vs Vets it seems which is dope. Qleen needs a rookie to style on and get his confidence back. I still remember how hurt he looked after that T-top battle :dead:

Also forgot to put this in my original post. Norbes himself said he's in talking stages with Tidal/Spotify/Youtube Music for a podcast deal. Who knows how far that is.

Nah bruh, its about working out the mechanics completely and being more consistent. Like before he can be on an SM kind of event, Chess gotta work his way up again a little. Bottomline. Plus, Chess was getting protected by the fans a whole lot with excusing him because of his age really and the fanbase. I like Chess, too, but he gotta work out the shyt that's dropping his stock. This Shine battle wasn't something we asked for really but hey, Pat can't make it....so its damn near like a card filler. Hate to say it. Smdh.

I mean i feel u. But that just goes back to us looking at this from a fan point of view and how URL looks at it. They don't care one bit bout who wins or loses. At the end of the day if Chess comes and be Chess he has his spot back. Simple as that.

If anything if everyone is so mad at Chess keep getting shots then Shine needs to end him. With all the chokes Chess does no one has killed him yet. Shine bodying Chess will finish him in the fans eyes.

And with all that said i'll bet money that Chess wins this clearly.

Last edited:

Ardamus

Daps
I mean i feel u. But that just goes back to us looking at this from a fan point of view and how URL looks at it. They don't care one bit bout who wins or loses. At the end of the day if Chess comes and be Chess he has his spot back. Simple as that.

If anything if everyone is so mad at Chess keep getting shots then Shine needs to end him. Shine bodying chess will finish him in the fans eyes.

Ok I get that, but at one point is URL going to look at their product, or better yet the talent, as defective and see if things can be done to improve that product. I mean, battles drop, the talent chokes, and the fans complain. That complaint is picked up by the company; maybe it is or they are aware of it. Ok so try and fix the mechanics of the shyt to have a better product because it had to be recalled. Yes, its opinionated as far as wins and losses. At the same time, how long will that Caffeine bag lasts if this effects the ratings? Fans stop watching the livestreams because the talent chokes. I mean, its all good now because its free and nikkas aint payin' for it....yet. But who knows what the future holds with Caffeine. They still haven't caught up with competitor Twitch yet and I am seeing if they will.

And Shine bodying Chess will definitely be a wrap for him. And Shine is not perfect himself but he has come a very long way, too.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Ok I get that, but at one point is URL going to look at their product, or better yet the talent, as defective and see if things can be done to improve that product. I mean, battles drop, the talent chokes, and the fans complain. That complaint is picked up by the company; maybe it is or they are aware of it. Ok so try and fix the mechanics of the shyt to have a better product because it had to be recalled. Yes, its opinionated as far as wins and losses. At the same time, how long will that Caffeine bag lasts if this effects the ratings? Fans stop watching the livestreams because the talent chokes. I mean, its all good now because its free and nikkas aint payin' for it....yet. But who knows what the future holds with Caffeine. They still haven't caught up with competitor Twitch yet and I am seeing if they will.

And Shine bodying Chess will definitely be a wrap for him. And Shine is not perfect himself but he has come a very long way, too.

You def have a point there! But i also don't think Chess has fukked up like that in front of caffeine. I don't think he was bad vs JJDD. He just lost the battle.

Ardamus

Daps
You def have a point there! But i also don't think Chess has fukked up like that in front of caffeine. I don't think he was bad vs JJDD. He just lost the battle.

Right, I just think we as battle rap fans need to keep an eye out for what can happen next in these situations. We all thought that Alkie David shyt was next level and you saw how that tanked. Or how about KOTD vs. QOTR; the folks that tried to put that on didn't even try to redo that shyt again. That league in the UK that gave us only one round of that Hollow and Pat battle ain't come back at all either. fukkin' Teddy Grizzle spent his inheritance on battle rap in the desert and never came back. Total Slaughter only had 1 season. BET stopped doing UFF. Point I am making is, that damn near all of them saw the rise in battle rap and walk the fukk away either bruised up or not effected.

This situation is different because this is corporate multimedia money backing this more than it has before and its URL, however, they can easily walk away from this see if another form of entertainment will suffice. Again like I keep saying, they are competing with Twitch.