Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yeah but it’s a play off “Black Lives Matter” “Black Live Matter” isn’t a thing and doesn’t make sense. I understand what he was attempting but replacing “Lives” with “Live” throws the punch all the way off.

I’m just very critical when it comes to bars being clean. That’s all. It was effective for what he wanted but I personally don’t enjoy bars like that
I agree, it has to be clean to be a real double.

That's why Rum's punches stand out his shyt is clean as hell most of the time.

Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
Yeah but it’s a play off “Black Lives Matter” “Black Live Matter” isn’t a thing and doesn’t make sense. I understand what he was attempting but replacing “Lives” with “Live” throws the punch all the way off.

I’m just very critical when it comes to bars being clean. That’s all. It was effective for what he wanted but I personally don’t enjoy bars like that

Ehhh this is no different to me when other rappers reached in their bars and it was still fire or you knew what they were talking about.

I knew what Ye was trying to say when he spit “Don’t ever fix yo lips like collagen and say something when you gon’ end up apologen”.

Apologen isn’t a word but I still knew what he meant. :yeshrug:

Or a better example:

When Lloyd Banks said “I’m eating in Rome and you eating Roman noodles”.

I knew Lloyd meant ramen noodles but him saying Roman didn’t take away from the line. Not to me anyway.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ehhh this is no different to me when other rappers reached in their bars and it was still fire or you knew what they were talking about.

I knew what Ye was trying to say when he spit “Don’t ever fix yo lips like collagen and say something when you gon’ end up apologen”.

Apologen isn’t a word but I still knew what he meant. :yeshrug:

Or a better example:

When Lloyd Banks said “I’m eating in Rome and you eating Roman noodles”.

I knew Lloyd meant ramen noodles but him saying Roman didn’t take away from the line. Not to me anyway.
Personally I hate that Kanye line because it's such a reach. And to this day I think Banks MEANT Roman noodles, theres plenty of dudes who think that's what they're actually called.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Sucks for avo but is what it is, you cant have a monopoly on production when caffeine itself has a production crew who are on contract to work on Caffeine content :yeshrug: he hasnt made any major statements about it so i doubt it was foul play, just business

I was fine with how caffeine shot it :manny: those camera ops are in 600 for a reason, tay roc and daylyt looked epic as fukk

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Mook vs Brizz :gladbron:

fukking :dead: they put the punch in black n white like the GTA "wasted" animation

That was a dope way to announce it cuz i was wondering wtf were those video bars after the fight

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How does every top tier know how to navigate bide their time and get the big matches, except JC?

it aint that much love for battle rap nor trying to show nikkas you nice in the world to be battling the Kid Chaos’ of the world..
It's Rookies Vs. Vets, breh...