Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bill Collector a Philly nikka fr watching his interview on MEO sounds exactly how some of my older homies sounded growing up

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Destiny, easy to see that bullshyt proves i was chose for this scene
Goofy fukker, wanna MLK speech your way to the top and get your shot next/necks and die all over his dreams
He thought he was protesting, but he pro tested, and woke up a beast
When i Black, BOW, LIVE matter all over the street
:damn: :damn::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew:

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Destiny, easy to see that bullshyt proves i was chose for this scene
Goofy fukker, wanna MLK speech your way to the top and get your shot next/necks and die all over his dreams
He thought he was protesting, but he pro tested, and woke up a beast
When i Black, BOW, LIVE matter all over the street
:damn: :damn::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew:
That Black Live Matter bar by JC was really bad. Set up was dope but the ending punch is a reach and it’s not good. You can’t play off “Black Lives Matter” and use “Live” instead of “Lives” and try to make it work. That’s just lazy writing on his part.

This is why as much as I’m a big JC fan, he’s not as good as he used to be to me. Old JC would never let that line go. As someone who writes, and takes pride in my pen, I wouldn’t be able to rest until I could use “Lives” and not “Live”‘ and make it work. I think JC got lazier with what he let’s go through, as long as it sounds good enough to him.

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
That Black Live Matter bar by JC was really bad. Set up was dope but the ending punch is a reach and it’s not good. You can’t play off “Black Lives Matter” and use “Live” instead of “Lives” and try to make it work. That’s just lazy writing on his part.

This is why as much as I’m a big JC fan, he’s not as good as he used to be to me. Old JC would never let that line go. As someone who writes, and takes pride in my pen, I wouldn’t be able to rest until I could use “Lives” and not “Live”‘ and make it work. I think JC got lazier with what he let’s go through, as long as it sounds good enough to him.
Disagree, it was creative and it tied in with mlk bar before

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Disagree, it was creative and it tied in with mlk bar before
Yeah but it’s a play off “Black Lives Matter” “Black Live Matter” isn’t a thing and doesn’t make sense. I understand what he was attempting but replacing “Lives” with “Live” throws the punch all the way off.

I’m just very critical when it comes to bars being clean. That’s all. It was effective for what he wanted but I personally don’t enjoy bars like that

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

Matter itself is plural so it still works. I don't thinks it a reach. Now unless Im missing something emphasis/in fa' sis is lol

. And this has nothing to do with you, but I had same problem with Ill Wills two days was a good day kine vs Daylyt. THATS a reach.... Two days =/= today. And Brizz and Tops Split Screen (we been through this already. Cant believe people are letting it slide because of the crowd reaction)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
JC still won though. Chaos tried to paint a false narrative about Surf bullying him which is so untrue. Surf could be shot up on a hospital bed (again) he's going to talk shyt regardless. shyt was kind of corny.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Matter itself is plural so it still works. I don't thinks it a reach. Now unless Im missing something emphasis/in fa' sis is lol

. And this has nothing to do with you, but I had same problem with Ill Wills two days was a good day kine vs Daylyt. THATS a reach.... Two days =/= today. And Brizz and Tops Split Screen (we been through this already. Cant believe people are letting it slide because of the crowd reaction)
The matter isn't the reach. It's the fact he's playing off "Black Lives Matter" and he used "Live Matter". "Live matter" only works in one context in that bar, but he attempted to make it a double. It doesn't work. In order for it to work perfectly, he would've had to find a way to make "Lives" work in that bar, it's almost impossible to do. So he just said "Live" and just accepted the reach. I understand, because it worked. It's just not clean, and I hate bars that aren't clean.

And the Two days = Today is the EXACT kinda bar I hate. That's a perfect example why I dislike the JC bar.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Matter isn't the issue breh, it's Lives vs. Live. Lives is the plural of life. "Lives" doesn't equate to "Live", "Black LIVE Matter" literally makes NO sense.