Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Heard Verb’s most recent album. It’s really good. It’s a shame no one knows about it.
I said this a few pages ago. Verb make dope music, but he doesn’t do a good job in marketing it. Calicoe music isn’t nearly as good as verbs but I feel like Cal is great at pushing his music. Verb would benefit from hiring a professional marketer.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this a few pages ago. Verb make dope music, but he doesn’t do a good job in marketing it. Calicoe music isn’t nearly as good as verbs but I feel like Cal is great at pushing his music. Verb would benefit from hiring a professional marketer.

he doesn’t follow through with anything

that album should have several pages on the booth

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Verb is island god Verb with everything he does. He probably feel like fukk a marketer.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
It wasn’t close live but Mike has a lot of nut huggers who pushed the vote his way, I had it as a gentleman’s 30 on the night

At least we got the Bill beat down as a result of the robbery :yeshrug:

Well, Bill...as I said before...is probably the perfect person to talk to Mike about how to handle controversy in the spotlight. I would have hated it if it was someone who doesn't know what its like. Man, Bill done got hit with the Showout angle forever and when him and URL were at odds, he was damn near blackballed from the whole game. And now that Bill's stock has damn near tripled within the last year or two, he gets to show someone else how to handle being perceived a certain way in the game.

Ardamus

Daps
Heard Verb’s most recent album. It’s really good. It’s a shame no one knows about it.

Its been making the rounds kinda slowly for some reason. I think its damn good as well. But yeah, more people should talk about it.

Man, Cal's music is so hit or miss. I can't stand it because he will be nice in the battle and his music sounds like he is trying too hard to pander or that he doesn't even have a good ear for what could shape his projects right. Yeah Verb needs someone who can really give him some great PR. But Cal needs someone to guide him on production because he has picked some terrible beats in the past except for a few joints.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its been making the rounds kinda slowly for some reason. I think its damn good as well. But yeah, more people should talk about it.

Man, Cal's music is so hit or miss. I can't stand it because he will be nice in the battle and his music sounds like he is trying too hard to pander or that he doesn't even have a good ear for what could shape his projects right. Yeah Verb needs someone who can really give him some great PR. But Cal needs someone to guide him on production because he has picked some terrible beats in the past except for a few joints.

Cal makes music as if he’s okay being a local rapper.:mjlol: He makes Detroit music only. As long as they know him in his city, he’s good.

Ardamus

Daps
Cal makes music as if he’s okay being a local rapper.:mjlol: He makes Detroit music only. As long as they know him in his city, he’s good.

LOL, Detroit got a lot of styles tho. He don't need to sit down with the Young RJs, Black Milks (even tho he is in Dallas), and the Apollo Browns of the game but Cal's gotta do better. I did like that Larry joint he had tho.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL, Detroit got a lot of styles tho. He don't need to sit down with the Young RJs, Black Milks (even tho he is in Dallas), and the Apollo Browns of the game but Cal's gotta do better. I did like that Larry joint he had tho.

im not saying they don’t, he’s clearly targeting the Detroit hood nyggas using that sound.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally think it would benefit some of these guys to do a group project. Groups are like one of the best platforms to showcase your talent and generate interest. Back in the day, you were in a group, and then went solo. These guys want to do it alone though:manny:

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verb and Surf make the best music out of all battle rappers I listen to them more than industry rappers sometimes

• Dap
Reactions: EA

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Verb is island god Verb with everything he does. He probably feel like fukk a marketer.
I hear you but, as a grown man you have to admit when you been help. Look at Math. Math have stated several times on MEO/RBT that he was in a fukked up mental space. He hired a life coach to help him get back on track, and you see the success he is having. Verb is too talented to not be in a better position.

Last edited: