Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mickey Facts said on Math's thing how Smack making the battles only available on the app is disrespectful to the battlers because it suppresses their popularity, and as a result, suppresses their opportunities. I agree. But the battlers go for it so hey

While I believe that the URL should be using their YouTube page to promote new talent, I disagree with it being some sort of disrespect to the battlers.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
While I believe that the URL should be using their YouTube page to promote new talent, I disagree with it being some sort of disrespect to the battlers.
You're right, disrespect probably isnt the best word. But there has to be a better way than just the app, imho. But who am I to tell Smack his business at the end of the day.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Watched ryda vs Mike p again

Ryda got robbed. Honestly it was highway robbery. Mike p stumbled once in the 2nd and twice in the 3rd and could make a argument he was choking to end the 3rd. Add in the fact ryda had the best round out of the entire match and again ryda got robbed.

I still got it Ryda 2-1. I gave Mike that 1st and that 2nd was clear for Ryda. And technically, Ryda edged that 3rd. Had Mike not stumbled and seemed flustered, I might have had it debatable possibly because as hard as Ryda's angle hit, I did like Mike's bars. But man, he should have kept it together through the battle.

:blessed: proud of this guy. worked his way back up.

Last edited:

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that but the difference is, it's not so much about the app being the new product, the battlers are the new product. The app is just where it's housed. So yeah, the fiends may move to the new block you have work at, but they not copping brand new yellow tops for $10 that they never tried but they'll cop the red tops for $10 because they already know it's quality.

So the fans that have the app aren't even clicking on the new battlers battles because they don't know them. So the new guys need any kinda of exposure they can get, so dropping their battles on the Youtube will have at least a good portion of the 1.2 million click on their battles. Which, since people are starved for Youtube battles, will probably expose the new battlers to 100K new people. Where on the app that only has at best 50K subscribers, you'll be lucky if 1,000 people watch a new battler's battle.

where y'all getting these stats:jbhmm:? You mean to tell me y'all pay $7.99 to NOT watch battles:mjtf:.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
It wasn’t close live but Mike has a lot of nut huggers who pushed the vote his way, I had it as a gentleman’s 30 on the night

At least we got the Bill beat down as a result of the robbery :yeshrug:
I feel like the people should decide, but that's the one issue I have with the fan vote -- the more popular battler always has an advantage.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
where y'all getting these stats:jbhmm:? You mean to tell me y'all pay $7.99 to NOT watch battles:mjtf:.
If they got 2% of your free audience to actually becoming paying ones, it would give the URL app a little over 24,000 subscribers. I said 50K, just as a "best case scenario" thing, and it was actually over a 4% conversation rate. And I watch everything on the app for the most part. But most people usually watch the battlers they know. You can tell because of the lack of interactions (voting + reactions). They're way lower on the app when it comes to rookie battlers than vets.