Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Method has some nice lines.. I heard some used before but he was pretty cool..

I'm interested in seeing where this goes..

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Math was fukking bugging :picard: never heard him string punches this good

@stepbackj34spud get in here

@FreshAIG I'd bet any amount of money that once Joe sees this he gonna want smoke with Rae in this format :dead:

That opening line by Meth woulda shaken the room immediately :whew:

Math throwin punches at the Wu/"Woo" :gucci:

Get serious :unimpressed:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Math was fukking bugging :picard: never heard him string punches this good

@stepbackj34spud get in here

@FreshAIG I'd bet any amount of money that once Joe sees this he gonna want smoke with Rae in this format :dead:

That opening line by Meth woulda shaken the room immediately :whew:

Math throwin punches at the Wu/"Woo" :gucci:

Get serious :unimpressed:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

nikka meth said he was poppin Hollows before he even stepped to John :dead: maaaaan joe would die violently

What if Meth teaches the rest of the Wu the format and they come thru with GOAT battle rap crew already formed and start bodying them? Wu vs Url would give smack enough bread to retire easy :dead:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I don’t wanna be that guy so soon after the battle drops but do you think Math might have provided a pointer or two since they laid their vocals down before filming?

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t wanna be that guy so soon after the battle drops but do you think Math might have provided a pointer or two since they laid their vocals down before filming?

I hope not :mjcry:

I made a joke about this a while back about the next step in battle rap being battlers choreographing battles together :mjlol: Scripting the both of them rebuttaling 20 times and shyt :dead:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dont doubt it, but honestly it is what it is. Math is smart to a battle with a well known rapper in this format, it makes all the sense in the world, especially given COVID

Great promotion vehicle, the video is already blowing up. Math been on his sh1t building his brand lately

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
nikka meth said he was poppin Hollows before he even stepped to John :dead: maaaaan joe would die violently

What if Meth teaches the rest of the Wu the format and they come thru with GOAT battle rap crew already formed and start bodying them? Wu vs Url would give smack enough bread to retire easy :dead:
Imagine 95' lex diamonds and tony starks in a 2on2 :wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Meth was given a huge handicap with recording their rounds in a studio first tho

No pressure to choke or stumble and we know most of battle rap is a mental game

I aint sayin Meth was on training wheels here or anything. But if this was 2k they pushed up his sliders a little bit :yeezy: he wasnt playing on Hall of Fame

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I hope not :mjcry:

I made a joke about this a while back about the next step in battle rap being battlers choreographing battles together :mjlol: Scripting the both of them rebuttaling 20 times and shyt :dead:

Battled have already done this to an extent :mjlol:

I dont doubt it, but honestly it is what it is. Math is smart to a battle with a well known rapper in this format, it makes all the sense in the world, especially given COVID

Great promotion vehicle, the video is already blowing up. Math been on his sh1t building his brand lately

Don’t get wrong, I don’t doubt that Meth is more than capable of adjusting the battle format since we’ve already seen people do it but knowing that Math is 40 Cal’s proof reader just made me wonder if this was a joint effort. Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter as long as the end product is good but the purist in me had to wonder.