Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Dude fell asleep at the wheel, got thrown from the whip, and currently cant open his left eye from a quick ig live i saw

Hope he heals up because he was lookin bad as hell, i know how that fallin asleep at the wheel shyt goes

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2020 different, Hollow's music is actually listenable :dahell:

Props to Hollow. His biggest problem musically has always been his rap voice. He’s found a way to work around it. The beat selection is there too. He’s making the type of shyt you’d want to hear from a battler.

He’s been consistently putting out videos so he’s making a real run at it.

a lot of these battlers have improved musically. 10 years ago these guys were unlistenable

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine if Lux rapped over some real hip hop beats instead of the bullshyt Beats he raps over.

Dude should have been a strong independent artist years ago if he had strong beat selection.

His biggest mistake was chasing the popular sound

he has to let 2020 Hollow pick his beats

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Idk why caps was barkin on battle truth at the beginning of the media bracket

But i remember him saying " you out here losing to them Rice Gang nikkas? :scust:"

And that shyt has been stuck in my head for days :dead:idk who them rice gang nikkas are but it sounded wild the way he said it

I rock with CAPS but LOL that nikka can be bad with predictions sometimes. But it is funny to see him go off on the other bloggers.

Props to Hollow. His biggest problem musically has always been his rap voice. He’s found a way to work around it. The beat selection is there too. He’s making the type of shyt you’d want to hear from a battler.

a lot of these battlers have improved musically. 10 years ago these guys were unlistenable

I knew Hollow had it in him. Just needed to go back to the drawing board and see what worked and what didn't. Besides, him and Alchemist are homies so I know he picked up some gems on how to make better joints. He always had the kind of style to me that works over that Griselda kinda shyt and not that extra trappy with the autotune voice shyt.

Imagine if Lux rapped over some real hip hop beats instead of the bullshyt Beats he raps over.

Dude should have been a strong independent artist years ago if he had strong beat selection.

Bruh, tbh, I don't why they don't just get someone like Marv Won to produce for them. That nikka got fire. Or even Chase Moore. A majority of the beats he makes sounds extra professional and dope; a lot of different styles. I'm not sure who all battles or used to battle that makes beats but quite a few of them were doing it. I think M. Ciddy got more into production and I know 100 Bulletz was doing a lot of shyt.

Real talk. I remember a point where Math Hoffa was one of the only battle rappers who knew how to make a listenable song.

Yeah Math, Marv, and Illmac to me always made shyt I could listen to for the most part. Loaded up there but like @theflyest said, Loaded will rap over some bullshyt sometimes, too, which I don't get.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think battlers suffered musically back then because they OD'd on punching, even for an era where punchline rappers were mainstream (Lloyd Banks for example), that and maybe their beat selection. The first song I heard from a battle rapper I fukked with was Santino by Lux

Nowadays the battlers have better flows and aren't just punching all the time and have improved in songwriting too.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think battlers suffered musically back then because they OD'd on punching, even for an era where punchline rappers were mainstream (Lloyd Banks for example), that and maybe their beat selection. The first song I heard from a battle rapper I fukked with was Santino by Lux

Nowadays the battlers have better flows and aren't just punching all the time and have improved in songwriting too.

they suffered musically because the beats sucked

like these guys can already rap, but if you’re rapping over cheap sounding production, it really doesn’t matter

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rock with CAPS but LOL that nikka can be bad with predictions sometimes. But it is funny to see him go off on the other bloggers.

I knew Hollow had it in him. Just needed to go back to the drawing board and see what worked and what didn't. Besides, him and Alchemist are homies so I know he picked up some gems on how to make better joints. He always had the kind of style to me that works over that Griselda kinda shyt and not that extra trappy with the autotune voice shyt.

Bruh, tbh, I don't why they don't just get someone like Marv Won to produce for them. That nikka got fire. Or even Chase Moore. A majority of the beats he makes sounds extra professional and dope; a lot of different styles. I'm not sure who all battles or used to battle that makes beats but quite a few of them were doing it. I think M. Ciddy got more into production and I know 100 Bulletz was doing a lot of shyt.

Yeah Math, Marv, and Illmac to me always made shyt I could listen to for the most part. Loaded up there but like @theflyest said, Loaded will rap over some bullshyt sometimes, too, which I don't get.

I remember him and Premo were gonna do a project years ago. What happened to that?

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
they suffered musically because the beats sucked

like these guys can already rap, but if you’re rapping over cheap sounding production, it really doesn’t matter

Pretty unpopular opinion but these rappers should really pick up on music theory. Or just hang around some good producers/beatmakers/songwriters who can just put you on game about making music in general. For the life of me, I cannot understand some of these guys battling with the kind of writing they put together but when they make music, it sounds like some industry bullshyt. It's like they might as well go up to these labels and see they'll hire you as a ghostwriter if you want to go that route. SMDH.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I remember Lux took a picture with DJ Premier, Lord Finesse and I think Buckwild in the studio, insinuating they were working on a project. This was like 2016 or something, I think. I wish that would've happened. Lux could easily be doing really good as an indie artist if he went that route.

Lux had that one freestyle over DJ Premier's beat which was dope. He was actually traveling around with Lux during 2014 during interviews too, now that I think about it.