Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Well, let's look at that. Technically, Avo was always just for hire by contract. Because remember, KOTD was really bad before Avo came into the fold some more. He was just mainly working with Grind Time and doing a lot of movie work.

Oh yeah, they've been collaborating with RBE. You pay for their PPV and you see KOTD come up. I wanna say I have seen that for some years now. And ARP says how he has a good relationship with Organik. Not a bad business move on his part.

I know Avo is work for hire but it’s no coincidence that more west coast battlers have integrated into URL since he started working with them. Of all the three main leagues, I’d argue they’ve embraced RYD the most as well. Especially when you factor in his watch series. I remember Avo even saying there was a time when he couldn’t watch certain KOTD battles for whatever reason.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On a random note, what happened to KOTD? Its like they don't even exist any more, RBE might have overtaken them
Forgot all about them.

KOTD should have Oxxymiron battle on there again, will give them a buzz for about a week :heh:
Still remember clowns, some on here even, thinking URL was in trouble based off KOTD having a Russian battle once on their platform. :comeon:

Pretty hard for a Canadian league with a roster of majority American rappers to pull off any battles when the borders are still tight because of the pandemic :manny:
Nah, they were done before the pandemic.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rum being humble af. Could be screaming for Daylyt, Hollow, Lux, Verb, etc. instead he’s giving shots to newer guys or vets some might consider washed

It has nothing to do with being humble. He’s aware of what names are realistic for a one off.

None of those names are doing UM2 one off type of battle

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where's the SMACK interview? not that I think Reel is cappin, I just wanna see what SMACK said. But damn, if SMACK really was like "Nah you battle who I tell you to battle" then that's wild disrespectful.

Edit: Found it on hiphopisreal, SMACK really wants that hustle/Roc battle to happen :wow: Wonder how Roc is gonna respond

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Where's the SMACK interview? not that I think Reel is cappin, I just wanna see what SMACK said. But damn, if SMACK really was like "Nah you battle who I tell you to battle" then that's wild disrespectful.

Edit: Found it on hiphopisreal, SMACK really wants that hustle/Roc battle to happen :wow: Wonder how Roc is gonna respond
Roc gonna do what Smack tells him to do. He will always be a worker for Smack

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Not really if he's just setting up the matchups that fans want, UFC does the same thing

When u give these battlers too much autonomy we see what happens, they take a ton of battles too close together and they end up falling apart, or they take battles that no one gives a fukk about so the views and money generated doesnt add up, their stock drops and then they go crawling back to Uncle Smack for a plate

And URL is HIS platform, he has every right to say "this is the battle i want to happen on my stage, it's gonna help everyones brand and get us the most bread.... if yall wanna do something else call another league"

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Roc gonna do what Smack tells him to do. He will always be a worker for Smack
I think roc has a severe little brother complex, we seen the same shyt with surf

He's WAY too eager to tucked under someones arm, nikka doesnt have a single "boss" gene in his body, look at how Cave gang crumbled for non battle reasons

Last edited: