Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
On a random note, what happened to KOTD? Its like they don't even exist any more, RBE might have overtaken them

They were supposed to do some barbershop battles but haven't heard much since they made the announcement.

Within the culture for sure, outside of it tho... kotd is still more popular.:manny:

edit: :ohhh:Dizaster really put kotd where it is when i think about it.... damn there on his own.

Thats what made me mad about KOTD and Diz's fall-out at first. They need each other especially for the big events. I got flamed on here for rooting for KOTD to do their thing but I had my reasons. They have definitely gone thru their shyt, contributed to the culture, and now just can't do their shyt like they used to. Hopefully they can build with Avo and make something happen at his new space he is trying to acquire.

Pretty hard for a Canadian league with a roster of majority American rappers to pull off any battles when the borders are still tight because of the pandemic :manny:

Exactly. Part of the reason why Pat and Shine haven't battled yet. I think that will happen soon on URL but I know KOTD has had issues with not just border shyt. But I know that Organik mentioned applying for arts grants that artists get in Canada and getting rejected. And also how money he has lost on the last few events. Not to mention they had to cancel the last Blackout event once COVID hit. Hate to see them go thru this but it is what it is.

On the other hand, another Town Bizness event from them hopefully can happen. Leaving folks like Saynt and RX doesn't do them any good.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Exactly. Part of the reason why Pat and Shine haven't battled yet. I think that will happen soon on URL but I know KOTD has had issues with not just border shyt. But I know that Organik mentioned applying for arts grants that artists get in Canada and getting rejected. And also how money he has lost on the last few events. Not to mention they had to cancel the last Blackout event once COVID hit. Hate to see them go thru this but it is what it is.

On the other hand, another Town Bizness event from them hopefully can happen. Leaving folks like Saynt and RX doesn't do them any good.

URL working with Avo and having more west coast battlers definitely hurt KOTD’s talent pool and as it has been said in the past, they haven’t spent enough time building Canadian talent up otherwise they could have been thriving right now.

They need to rework their strategy going forward. I know they’re collaborating with RBE now and they’re probably better off just letting RBE handle the US based battles and focus on rebuilding in Canada whilst still incorporating US based people like Rone, ICE, Real Deal, etc

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa

Day on live saying Nitty got 24 hours to accept the battle since he says he ducking him

Says his 3 rounds is already done...since they were locked in last year sept. Meet him in LA.....

I guess the fans coming at him about supposedly ducking Nitty got to him LOOOL

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

Day on live saying Nitty got 24 hours to accept the battle since he says he ducking him

Says his 3 rounds is already done...since they were locked in last year sept. Meet him in LA.....

I guess the fans coming at him about supposedly ducking Nitty got to him LOOOL

battling for careers:troll:

:ehh:was speaking facts about bloggers making more than battlers.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
URL working with Avo and having more west coast battlers definitely hurt KOTD’s talent pool and as it has been said in the past, they haven’t spent enough time building Canadian talent up otherwise they could have been thriving right now.

They need to rework their strategy going forward. I know they’re collaborating with RBE now and they’re probably better off just letting RBE handle the US based battles and focus on rebuilding in Canada whilst still incorporating US based people like Rone, ICE, Real Deal, etc

Well, let's look at that. Technically, Avo was always just for hire by contract. Because remember, KOTD was really bad before Avo came into the fold some more. He was just mainly working with Grind Time and doing a lot of movie work.

Oh yeah, they've been collaborating with RBE. You pay for their PPV and you see KOTD come up. I wanna say I have seen that for some years now. And ARP says how he has a good relationship with Organik. Not a bad business move on his part.

• Dap
Reactions: EA