Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All facts, Surf is the "battle rapper too big for battle rap". Dude talks so much shyt that its damn near natural to see some people get their comeuppance at his expense

This choke vs Lux knocked damn near all the luster off too.

Surf deserves everything he's getting now. How do you hate on people doing WORSE than you?

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Its very simple. I'm not as invested in these people as you are and as you seem to think others are. You're looking at me through the same lens you see yourself when we aren't similar in that regard. Surf choking doesn't matter in the same way nobody elses choking bothers me.

You think I'm defending Surf when I more so defend against hater culture. I do the same thing in The Coliseum. Even with the battlers I dislike (Verb, Myers) as rappers I dont actively hope they lose or cheer against them like you do Surf. It's simple .

LOL, fam you are in here day in and day out with the rest of us. Cmon...you are fan of battle rap like we all are. Let's not talk about invested time and all that because we all are guilty of that in here.
And you defend against hater culture? You think Surf isn't a certified hater himself? Each and every moment he gets, has shytted on alot of talent that have contributed to the game.
And you defend it still? He comes up short in a lot of battles and you defend that, too? I guess I don't get it...must be a delusion of some sort. I dunno....

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL, fam you are in here day in and day out with the rest of us. Cmon...you are fan of battle rap like we all are. Let's not talk about invested time and all that because we all are guilty of that in here.
And you defend against hater culture? You think Surf isn't a certified hater himself? Each and every moment he gets, has shytted on alot of talent that have contributed to the game.
And you defend it still? He comes up short in a lot of battles and you defend that, too? I guess I don't get it...must be a delusion of some sort. I dunno....
I am a fan of battle rap. Huge fan. But I don't actually care who wins and loses. Like I'm a fan of basketball, huge fan, but I don't have a stake in who wins or loses. Its entertainment. That's the difference I'm pointing out. This is the last time I'm gonna tell you to work on your comprehension skills buddy, this has been an ongoing theme between me and you. I'm trying to help you elevate breh.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am a fan of battle rap. Huge fan. But I don't actually care who wins and loses. Like I'm a fan of basketball, huge fan, but I don't have a stake in who wins or loses. Its entertainment. That's the difference I'm pointing out. This is the last time I'm gonna tell you to work on your comprehension skills buddy, this has been an ongoing theme between me and you. I'm trying to help you elevate breh.

Both first rounds are dope, Ardamus with the dope angle and the brother MJ Truth with the rebuttle. The "I'm trying to help you elevate" bar was fire, reminds of "I'm trying to show you the large picture" from Lux :wow:

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Its very simple. I'm not as invested in these people as you are and as you seem to think others are. You're looking at me through the same lens you see yourself when we aren't similar in that regard. Surf choking doesn't matter in the same way nobody elses choking bothers me.

You think I'm defending Surf when I more so defend against hater culture. I do the same thing in The Coliseum. Even with the battlers I dislike (Verb, Myers) as rappers I dont actively hope they lose or cheer against them like you do Surf. It's simple .

nikka, what?

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with @MJ Truth cause I think battle rap in it's essence is build of being competitive and as a battle rapper you should have the absolute desire to win every battle let alone get your material out. but I see his point lol. breh just wants to be entertained :yeshrug:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Both first rounds are dope, Ardamus with the dope angle and the brother MJ Truth with the rebuttle. The "I'm trying to help you elevate" bar was fire, reminds of "I'm trying to show you the large picture" from Lux :wow:

Ok you need to relax. You choked up trying to buy groceries the other day in front of ya pops. If I posted "clean up in aisle 7" you'd have a flashback. LOL.

You were doing ok until this point. I can comprehend everything you say but I think you're full of shyt whenever you go this route. Its been an on going theme mainly because YOU take this route and don't leave it a difference in opinion sometimes either. And then I call you insecure and we're back to square one. Been had the large picture...sorry it don't seem like that to you, loooost niiiiggggaaa.......LOL