Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like when it comes to Cortez, certain battlers like Surf or in the past Rex, talk so much shyt about how trash he is, that they make losing to him unbearable, like they talked so much shyt they dont even want to RISK losing to him. thats why Rex pulled that corny time shyt at Nome 4 and i could see Surf either avoiding the battle altogether or just jerseying twice and acitng like he didnt give a fukk but either way idk i dont see surf actually preparing well for cortez like giving it his all, I think hes either gonna duck or act like he dont care about the battle at all and take away from tez win.

i feel like daylyt was also like that vs DNA, ducked him at that Nome cause he wasnt trying to lose to him

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who finds Jey the Nitewing a bit corny? Can’t quite put my finger on why though :patrice:
It’s actually pretty easy to put your finger on it. His voice sounds like he not from the hood or grew up around all white people. So his believability with tough talk is negative. Plus he has a comic book character name that is super corny and I’m still trying to figure out what it means.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
It’s actually pretty easy to put your finger on it. His voice sounds like he not from the hood or grew up around all white people. So his believability with tough talk is negative. Plus he has a comic book character name that is super corny and I’m still trying to figure out what it means.

I think you nailed it. Even though he raps real aggressive, he sounds a little like a cornball. It wasn’t as noticeable to me till he battled Fonz and now I can’t unhear it.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Your Honor is actually fire. I'm surprised Swamp is getting far more attention than he is (then again not really since fans love basic cookie cutter nikkas)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Your Honor is actually fire. I'm surprised Swamp is getting far more attention than he is (then again not really since fans love basic cookie cutter nikkas)
Wasn't he choking or fukking up after that tho?

I havent really heard anyone saying he be bodying people

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
That's not strange at all,it's just hater shyt lol.

Ironic. Seeing that Surf has done nothing but talk shyt about Cortez and others for years now. Surf is a hater on another level to be real about it.

Real ass question...no trolling, but why are you that defensive about Surf and then play it off when he gets shytted on for not living up to the hype? Lets set that aspect of entertainment to the side...because to be honest, it felt more like insecurity than entertainment. As a fan of his, who I am thinking may have paid for a PPV or so when he was on a card, you do not feel even little bit ripped off that he has fukked up in a majority of his battles? Yet...he gets babied when fukks up and shyts on his colleagues? I am asking because maybe myself and others are missing something.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Ironic. Seeing that Surf has done nothing but talk shyt about Cortez and others for years now. Surf is a hater on another level to be real about it.

Real ass question...no trolling, but why are you that defensive about Surf and then play it off when he gets shytted on for not living up to the hype? Lets set that aspect of entertainment to the side...because to be honest, it felt more like insecurity than entertainment. As a fan of his, who I am thinking may have paid for a PPV or so when he was on a card, you do not feel even little bit ripped off that he has fukked up in a majority of his battles? Yet...he gets babied when fukks up and shyts on his colleagues? I am asking because maybe myself and others are missing something.

All facts, Surf is the "battle rapper too big for battle rap". Dude talks so much shyt that its damn near natural to see some people get their comeuppance at his expense

This choke vs Lux knocked damn near all the luster off too.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Its very simple. I'm not as invested in these people as you are and as you seem to think others are. You're looking at me through the same lens you see yourself when we aren't similar in that regard. Surf choking doesn't matter in the same way nobody elses choking bothers me.

You think I'm defending Surf when I more so defend against hater culture. I do the same thing in The Coliseum. Even with the battlers I dislike (Verb, Myers) as rappers I dont actively hope they lose or cheer against them like you do Surf. It's simple .