Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I still don’t quite understand why Revolt & Smack never did anything.

I’m not saying Revolt is required to do anything, but it just seemed like a logical fit.

I still don’t think Revolt utilized Joe correctly. I would have made that nygga the Steve Harvey of the network, hosting like 5 shows.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I'll address this but I genuinely don't want to hijack a battle thread with this, just wanted to address the Drugz thing, but I'll explain it quickly.

I'm not in the loop with the new generation so I'll speak on how it was when I was a youngin. We (and I did it for some time so I'll include myself) represented our neighborhoods and any crew formation was on the basis of that (in fact you didn't really form anything, the shyt just existed and you and your friends just folded into that shyt once you got a certain age). In addition, you had the heavy hitters (in terms of people dealing) sometimes had groups that included people from different neighborhoods for the purposes of pumping in different sections of the city and you MIGHT have groups of hitters that formed a coalition that committed murders for hire (although most of the violence was just done by the young people representing their neighborhoods). That's it. The gang shyt never existed here, at least not in DC during the crack era (maybe they had old gangs back in the day like on some gangs of new york shyt, I couldn't tell you).

I remember watching Colors with my uncle when I was younger and asking him why these dudes was wearing team colors and coordinating clothes and shyt. It made no sense to me. I remember asking him if these dudes were wearing uniforms. That's how oblivious I was to the shyt, I had no point of reference for any of that from out here.

Yeah, its gotta be different with the newer generation and I missed that whole crack era; but around the late 90s and early 2000s when I got here, I got familiar with the names of some of the crews and certain areas not to mess with (Clifton Terrace, Barry Farms, etc). I think I saw maybe two bloods in DC the whole time I was here and I think they were from the outskirts. And that was over 10 years ago. I feel like the closest there are to gangs like around the way is more than likely on the outskirts of DC in VA with MS-13.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
See its like basketball......SIKE!!!!!
:pachaha:
Man, I'm loving every fukking minute of this. I feel I won. Haha.....
You see who talked the most shyt out here stanning Surf and still ain’t come outside after that L :sas2:

See, it’s like Basketball.
When you talk the most shyt and get humiliated and laughed at causing you to not wanna come back to the court :troll:

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knowledge is one of those nyggas that I wonder if he ever loved battle rap. Nygga seem like he came across a way to make some money with this battle rap shyt. Could he say bars from ANY battle?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'll address this but I genuinely don't want to hijack a battle thread with this, just wanted to address the Drugz thing, but I'll explain it quickly.

I'm not in the loop with the new generation so I'll speak on how it was when I was a youngin. We (and I did it for some time so I'll include myself) represented our neighborhoods and any crew formation was on the basis of that (in fact you didn't really form anything, the shyt just existed and you and your friends just folded into that shyt once you got a certain age). In addition, you had the heavy hitters (in terms of people dealing) sometimes had groups that included people from different neighborhoods for the purposes of pumping in different sections of the city and you MIGHT have groups of hitters that formed a coalition that committed murders for hire (although most of the violence was just done by the young people representing their neighborhoods). That's it. The gang shyt never existed here, at least not in DC during the crack era (maybe they had old gangs back in the day like on some gangs of new york shyt, I couldn't tell you).

I remember watching Colors with my uncle when I was younger and asking him why these dudes was wearing team colors and coordinating clothes and shyt. It made no sense to me. I remember asking him if these dudes were wearing uniforms. That's how oblivious I was to the shyt, I had no point of reference for any of that from out here.
You go to battles around here and there are red flags everywhere

some from transplants like twork and hoffa but DC guys too

Riggz was cookin but little guys in the area been hitting Drugz with that angle for two years, that he joined a blood set outta jersey in his late 20s and only ever went to LA for URL