Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I feel wrong for this....but I done watched Cortez go in on Surf three times now. And laughed each time.
I don't even think Cortez needs to battle Surf now. That was a round in itself. LOL.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I hope this aint the WHOLE card...too many battles imo

Swamp vs T-Top seems confirmed
Eazy The Block Captain vs Cortez seems confirmed too though

I'm stopping at Brooklyn Hanz

Swamp vs Top (too easy)
Fonz vs. Ave
Jey the Nightwing vs. Twork
Ace Amin vs. Chess
Easy The Block Captain vs. T-Rex
Your Honor vs Yung Ill (I would say Qleen but he probably wouldn't show up)
Real Sikh vs. Danny Myers
Kid Chaos vs. JC
Brooklyn Hanz vs. Shotgun Suge

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Drugz made it worse by acting like that. Take that shyt.

Nah, what made it worse was the fact that it's the goofiest shyt Ive ever heard of. I'm from DC (Uptown to be exact), but I've been all over the city, NE, SE, SW (went to Ballou for a time, graduated high school from Luke Moore back when it was called street academy; have fam in Saratoga, 37th and a few other places). In none of those places did anyone ever gang bang. Literally all of the violence during the time when DC was perpetually the murder capital was a byproduct of the drug game (specifically crack) and neighborhood disputes. Even now DC's had something like 100 murders this year, 0% of them shyts is a function of gang culture. For this clown to act like he's carrying the city and claiming a Piru gang is clown shyt to the fullest. He can't be from a reputable neighborhood out here doing anything like that. Just is not possible.

What's more, the fact that he's even attempting to do that tells you all you need to know about who he is, a get with, dikk riding sucker (pardon the language). This city famously has an independent streak (or at least it used to), which is why we listened to our own music (go go), had our own style etc., dude presenting himself that way lets you know that he's not anyone of any consequence out here period.

My fault for the diatribe people, back to actual battle shyt now.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Nah, what made it worse was the fact that it's the goofiest shyt Ive ever heard of. I'm from DC (Uptown to be exact), but I've been all over the city, NE, SE, SW (went to Ballou for a time, graduated high school from Luke Moore back when it was called street academy; have fam in Saratoga, 37th and a few other places). In none of those places did anyone ever gang bang. Literally all of the violence during the time when DC was perpetually the murder capital was a byproduct of the drug game (specifically crack) and neighborhood disputes. Even now DC's had something like 100 murders this year, 0% of them shyts is a function of gang culture. For this clown to act like he's carrying the city and claiming a Piru gang is clown shyt to the fullest. He can't be from a reputable neighborhood out here doing anything like that. Just is not possible.

What's more, the fact that he's even attempting to do that tells you all you need to know about who he is, a get with, dikk riding sucker (pardon the language). This city famously has an independent streak (or at least it used to), which is why we listened to our own music (go go), had our own style etc., dude presenting himself that way lets you know that he's not anyone of any consequence out here period.

My fault for the diatribe people, back to actual battle shyt now.

i won't act like i ever know about all the ins and outs of the gang shyt in DC. but i do know that shyt is broken down into crews and its by blocks; from the quadrants to the streets. i think one day, i was around some peers of mine who stayed in Anacostia who broke it all down to me one day since i was from the south. but yeah, back to the battle rap shyt.