Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
"They ain't book you a rookie
They KNOW, what imma do to/day in cali
Make da BLOCK HOT
Caliente when Tay in cali" :scust: jesus

nikka said kids come out Lyt go inside the bag like Luminaries LMBAO!!!!! And that Brightburn bar would've shook the building.

Last edited:

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
i won't act like i ever know about all the ins and outs of the gang shyt in DC. but i do know that shyt is broken down into crews and its by blocks; from the quadrants to the streets. i think one day, i was around some peers of mine who stayed in Anacostia who broke it all down to me one day since i was from the south. but yeah, back to the battle rap shyt.

I'll address this but I genuinely don't want to hijack a battle thread with this, just wanted to address the Drugz thing, but I'll explain it quickly.

I'm not in the loop with the new generation so I'll speak on how it was when I was a youngin. We (and I did it for some time so I'll include myself) represented our neighborhoods and any crew formation was on the basis of that (in fact you didn't really form anything, the shyt just existed and you and your friends just folded into that shyt once you got a certain age). In addition, you had the heavy hitters (in terms of people dealing) sometimes had groups that included people from different neighborhoods for the purposes of pumping in different sections of the city and you MIGHT have groups of hitters that formed a coalition that committed murders for hire (although most of the violence was just done by the young people representing their neighborhoods). That's it. The gang shyt never existed here, at least not in DC during the crack era (maybe they had old gangs back in the day like on some gangs of new york shyt, I couldn't tell you).

I remember watching Colors with my uncle when I was younger and asking him why these dudes was wearing team colors and coordinating clothes and shyt. It made no sense to me. I remember asking him if these dudes were wearing uniforms. That's how oblivious I was to the shyt, I had no point of reference for any of that from out here.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'll address this but I genuinely don't want to hijack a battle thread with this, just wanted to address the Drugz thing, but I'll explain it quickly.

I'm not in the loop with the new generation so I'll speak on how it was when I was a youngin. We (and I did it for some time so I'll include myself) represented our neighborhoods and any crew formation was on the basis of that (in fact you didn't really form anything, the shyt just existed and you and your friends just folded into that shyt once you got a certain age). In addition, you had the heavy hitters (in terms of people dealing) sometimes had groups that included people from different neighborhoods for the purposes of pumping in different sections of the city and you MIGHT have groups of hitters that formed a coalition that committed murders for hire (although most of the violence was just done by the young people representing their neighborhoods). That's it. The gang shyt never existed here, at least not in DC during the crack era (maybe they had old gangs back in the day like on some gangs of new york shyt, I couldn't tell you).

I remember watching Colors with my uncle when I was younger and asking him why these dudes was wearing team colors and coordinating clothes and shyt. It made no sense to me. I remember asking him if these dudes were wearing uniforms. That's how oblivious I was to the shyt, I had no point of reference for any of that from out here.
you just old bruh
gang culture been getting heavy since like early 2010s
people claiming crip and blood is definitely a thing in the DMV and has been that way for sometime

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
you just old bruh
gang culture been getting heavy since like early 2010s
people claiming crip and blood is definitely a thing in the DMV and has been that way for sometime

:rudy:

Man that nikka Drugz is like two years younger than me if Riggz accurately quoted that boy's age. I'm also still out and about in DC all the time (although not in the type of spots that I used to frequent, I literally mean just through the city) and I don't see any signs of any type of gang influence, but I can't speak to what's happening in certain parts of Maryland and Virginia. But as I said, Drugz is about my age so I know for a fact that the nikka didnt grow up anywhere near no Piru gang shyt if he's actually from here like he said he is, and on top of that we know that he picked the shyt up fukking with Twork, so Im guessing the shyt he's claiming is rooted out there anyway.

I'll concede the point that I'm getting older though, shyt is an accurate statement