Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Swamp saw that Roc performance vs Lyt and was like O HELL NAW let me get out of this and call out DOT. LMFAO!!!

109016875_10158364220592350_4321158622224387093_o.jpg

I wonder why B-Magic not doing the tourney no more...

He said it was covid fears.

Cortez speaking nothing but FACTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, I was saying this in the NOMEX thread.
Let’s get back to RAPPIN, crowds are holding the artform of lyricism back

Bruh....what kills me about fans is that they be begging for Grey Hoodie Lux and constantly but forget what made Grey Hoodie Lux so great is that he wasn't interrupted.

If Grey Hoodie spits a bar with the crowd in this era on the level of "I'm a king I cue pawn/coupons so cut it out" they crowd will stop the battle for at least 5 minutes.

The most classic battles we always talk about have little to no interruptions.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Bruh....what kills me about fans is that they be begging for Grey Hoodie Lux and constantly but forget what made Grey Hoodie Lux so great is that he wasn't interrupted.

If Grey Hoodie spits a bar with the crowd in this era on the level of "I'm a king I cue pawn/coupons so cut it out" they crowd will stop the battle for at least 5 minutes.

The most classic battles we always talk about have little to no interruptions.
EXACTLY, I’m so sick and tired of these crowds interrupting battlers every 2/4 bars, forcing nikkas to run shyt back. :martin:

Like dawg, SHUT UP!!! I‘m tryna hear these nikkas RAP :what:

I remember when you could put up a battle and let em rock like a song, so much unnecessary extra shyt came with crowds it’s unlistenable.

Battles like JC vs Chilla were those exceptions because they would shut up IMMEDIATELY after any reaction to hear the next bars.

It’s so many benefits to not having a crowd, down to the duration of a battle.
I’m really looking forward to this bein the new format so we can back to the actual art of RAP. Step ya BARS up or get exposed.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't know why, but for damn near the whole video I was wondering why Mook was talking down so heavy on Roc as far as the battle rap goes. I really forget sometimes that Mook is (supposedly?) GOAT status.