Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Funny shyt is Surf for a long time made the best music

at this point tho if any of his music fans look into his battles they're gonna see him choking and looking helpless, jerseying every round, the complete opposite idea you would have of him if you just listened to his music :mjlol:

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
After this Nick Cannon controversy today and him getting fired by Viacom and them likely taking Wild N Out off the air, I wonder if Hitman, Clips, Con will all be battling more.

For those who missed it, Nick Cannon on his podcast called white people savages and animals, Viacom asked him to apologize, he refused, and got fired.

I was thinking the same thing..
The Black Squad will be battling again soon.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they just extended no large gatherings in philly today until feb 2021. Cali completley closed down again a couple days ago. Florida just had record breaking numbers for covid cases.

This shyt is the new norm. I honestly don't think we going back to packed venues for a few years. This is what we have right now

So with that said alot of these nikkas bout to be exposed. U got to RAP RAP now. nikkas like Danja Zone,Chilla,B-Dot,Saga,Kid Chaos, etc needs to do whatever they gotta do to get some plates and flex right now.

Mr.Wavy gonna die in this tournament.

Would love to see a resurgence of "Bars over names"
Until FEBRUARY of next year?? :wow:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After this Nick Cannon controversy today and him getting fired by Viacom and them likely taking Wild N Out off the air, I wonder if Hitman, Clips, Con will all be battling more.

For those who missed it, Nick Cannon on his podcast called white people savages and animals, Viacom asked him to apologize, he refused, and got fired.
Not battle rap related but people have called Nick Cannon corny for essentially 2 decades, but that man stands on his principles more than probably any celebrity in modern times. He's the one guy who allowed the money to free him instead of allowing it to make him easier to control. I'm sure theres other examples but he's the one coming to mind now for obvious reasons.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I watched Daylyt vs Tay Roc like 12 times already. Daylys 1st might be his best round. nikka was scheming Roc head off. nikka said some shyt about "you battling menu/men you not ready for. Dennys/then these nikkas get up here dine/dying." And "you want a million views/I got a mil/meal that'll give you a viewing. Who in here want to be the nikka the triggers takeout/take out" or some shyt
There was more but I couldn't catch everything because the nikka was rapping too damn fast.

The firmament bar at very beginning was crazy too. I just wish he slowed down just a little bit.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
So they just extended no large gatherings in philly today until feb 2021. Cali completley closed down again a couple days ago. Florida just had record breaking numbers for covid cases.

This shyt is the new norm. I honestly don't think we going back to packed venues for a few years. This is what we have right now

So with that said alot of these nikkas bout to be exposed. U got to RAP RAP now. nikkas like Danja Zone,Chilla,B-Dot,Saga,Kid Chaos, etc needs to do whatever they gotta do to get some plates and flex right now.

Mr.Wavy gonna die in this tournament.

Would love to see a resurgence of "Bars over names"

Oh yeah, there was talks about things being like this for rest of the year...I want to say at least a month or two ago. I know around in DC and just on the music scene alone...no one is wanting to really go out and enjoy anything with big crowds. So if anything, people have to make the most of this until things settle down. And even if we get back to packed venues...our demeanors and attitudes have changed towards personal space. So with this new norm embedded in our heads, we already dealing with a challenge.

For battle rap, I do like it that now these guys have to rap rap instead of bullshyt for the crowd when you battle. Surf just showed us his weakness and many more will as well because its a whole different feel when no one is there to gas you up on your bars.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
No crowd is fire to me.
This honestly needs to be the standard. Daylyt rounds wouldn't have hit like they did if there was a crowd that would keep stopping. Especially that solar system scheme
Exactly, I was saying this in the NOMEX thread.
Let’s get back to RAPPIN, crowds are holding the artform of lyricism back
Facts, FUKK a crowd!!

Any nikka that praises Daylyt’s performance and turns around and says crowds are necessary is a hypocrite.

What made this battle a CLASSIC is that they weren’t interrupted! With the only subtle reactions present being in the BACKGROUND (as they SHOULD)

nikkas really thinking this woulda been good with a crowd?! LMAOOOOO

nikkas woulda reacted every 2 bars, forcing them to run it back and lose momentum. MAD CORNY

FUKK A CROWD