Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
After this Nick Cannon controversy today and him getting fired by Viacom and them likely taking Wild N Out off the air, I wonder if Hitman, Clips, Con will all be battling more.

For those who missed it, Nick Cannon on his podcast called white people savages and animals, Viacom asked him to apologize, he refused, and got fired.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Watched Day vs Roc again for like the 6th+ time....Roc's 3rd coooooooooooooould be a debatable so if I see any 2-1s I'll understand I fukks with Roc's 3rd heavy

Day went in reverse, His R3 should/could have been R1 and his R1 should/could have been R3 and destroyed him further but either way you mix up the rounds he bombarded him lyrically

I wish I could re-watch the Lux battle like I wanted to but this nikka Surf............Lux 3rd though amazing and it's still fukked up because Lux didn't even get off all of his material AGAIN

This timing shyt has to stop

Edit: Calling draw on Verb/Geechi and I have no interested in the Saga/Mike P battle :manny:

I hope more lyrical nikkas get this crowd-less room treatment

Alot of people are also giving roc round 1.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
After this Nick Cannon controversy today and him getting fired by Viacom and them likely taking Wild N Out off the air, I wonder if Hitman, Clips, Con will all be battling more.

For those who missed it, Nick Cannon on his podcast called white people savages and animals, Viacom asked him to apologize, he refused, and got fired.

First time i heard of this. I thought Clips was already done with Wild n out but Hitman and Con was still working over there.

Who owns the "wild n out" brand? Is it MTV or Nick? If Nick owns it i think he has enough clout to shop the show around to other platforms. But at the same time wild n out might be done anyway cause of covid, Not like they can have crowds anymore.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
First time i heard of this. I thought Clips was already done with Wild n out but Hitman and Con was still working over there.

Who owns the "wild n out" brand? Is it MTV or Nick? If Nick owns it i think he has enough clout to shop the show around to other platforms. But at the same time wild n out might be done anyway cause of covid, Not like they can have crowds anymore.
I think they own it, because they fired him from the show (He created it, but I believe he sold the rights to Viacom, but I'm not sure)

The issue now is, will any other platform want to touch Nick Cannon now? Especially if he refuses to apologize. I wonder.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Alot of people are also giving roc round 1.
I've seen that as well which is crazy to me because I feel like Day got R1 which is why I also felt Roc basically powered up after every round (due to FEELING the lyrical onslaught in his face and not on youtube from him studying Day)

his (Roc) energy went up by got damn 35% during R2 and in R3 he left us IMO, If this shyt was like the old days Roc in R4 R5 would have been legendary in theory, Roc was getting better and better every round IMO (Which is kinda funny because that's what Day wanted)

Day let OFF with intensity in R1 with almost keeping the same intensity in R2 and R3, he def did slow down a little to throw in his trans/dot mob angle but Roc to me all in all was just getting better and I wish the battle was longer TBH

Roc was god damn Goku and Daylyt was Broly fukk it here's a dragon ball analogy :dead:

god damn this battle was fire

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

no clips has never left

con
Hitman
Clips
Charron
And that other weird white battler

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I've seen that as well which is crazy to me because I feel like Day got R1 which is why I also felt Roc basically powered up after every round (due to FEELING the lyrical onslaught in his face and not on youtube from him studying Day)

his (Roc) energy went up by got damn 35% during R2 and in R3 he left us IMO, If this shyt was like the old days Roc in R4 R5 would have been legendary in theory, Roc was getting better and better every round IMO (Which is kinda funny because that's what Day wanted)

Day let OFF with intensity in R1 with almost keeping the same intensity in R2 and R3, he def did slow down a little to throw in his trans/dot mob angle but Roc to me all in all was just getting better and I wish the battle was longer TBH

Roc was god damn Goku and Daylyt was Broly fukk it here's a dragon ball analogy :dead:

god damn this battle was fire

Yea i got Lyt with the 30 honestly and everyone knows tay roc is one of my favs. But i do see ALOT of people giving roc round 3 and some people giving him round 1. I'm not even mad at people making a case for roc. This battle was amazing on both ends. This is the type of battle u showcase to people when u shopping for tv deals and shyt.

Remember when Hitman/Verb dropped and that was like the holy grail of battles? Then it was Hollow/Lux. That has now changed to Daylyt/Roc.

no clips has never left

con
Hitman
Clips
Charron
And that other weird white battler

Don't know why i thought clips left lol.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Surely Nick had to know those comments could potentially get him released.

Regardless, he’s a business man that always has something going on. I’m sure he’ll take some of his talent with him on other endeavors.

Nick has been pushing Hitman as an artist heavy lately. He dropped a video with Mozzy last week. He’s put out like 5 videos the last 2 months under Nick’s label. Views have been solid.

Hitman also started a YouTube page with his girl that has crazy views.

If Hitman was truly getting 250k on those wild n out tours over the years like he claims, if he’s managed his money right, he doesn’t need to battle right now. I’d say the same for Con as well.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
*Thinking about all the different versions of lux we've seen*

"shyt's confusing and super wack

you had on 6 T SHIRTS vs. Clips! :stopitslime:"

man imma be quoting that surf line for a while :dead:if surf didn't choke im sure we would have gotten another 2-3 ridiculous sounding one liners

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sonnnn i'd never thought id see the day Surf gotta check TODD's calendar to get a battle. 2020 done broke battle rap lol

For real. Surf looking like Denzel after goin to war wit the Russians..

"You muthafukkers!.."

How you drop weight and go from Lux (Super heavy) to TODD (tallest PG ever). At least go and shut Cortez up like Ars did...