Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I go to Champion, and I see this nygga really created a Murda Mook vs Tay Roc. I think these type of blogs are silly at this point.

Listen, I think there are a lot of matchups for Mook, but I think battlers have moved on from him.

I think nyggas have directed their attention towards Lux, because he actually battles. It’s not going to be easy to land a Lux battle, but his requirements aren’t even anything outrageous. It just has to be the biggest battle possible with a nice purse.

Mook? Who the hell knows what he looks for in a battle at this point. You can’t say the money isn’t there. You can’t say the opponents aren’t there.

Who cares at this point? He may do something that doesn’t hurt his status like a 2v2 or little quarantine battle where he knew who his opponent was while his opponent didn’t (ARP confirmed in an interview), but a true 1v1 battle?

I do think he’ll battle again, but his battles have such a significant gap between them, he’ll just be rusty anyway. He also waits so long, that matches that were there are no longer interesting.

to be fair, Tay Roc DID call Mook out...

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I go to Champion, and I see this nygga really created a Murda Mook vs Tay Roc. I think these type of blogs are silly at this point.

Listen, I think there are a lot of matchups for Mook, but I think battlers have moved on from him.

I think nyggas have directed their attention towards Lux, because he actually battles. It’s not going to be easy to land a Lux battle, but his requirements aren’t even anything outrageous. It just has to be the biggest battle possible with a nice purse.

Mook? Who the hell knows what he looks for in a battle at this point. You can’t say the money isn’t there. You can’t say the opponents aren’t there.

Who cares at this point? He may do something that doesn’t hurt his status like a 2v2 or little quarantine battle where he knew who his opponent was while his opponent didn’t (ARP confirmed in an interview), but a true 1v1 battle?

I do think he’ll battle again, but his battles have such a significant gap between them, he’ll just be rusty anyway. He also waits so long, that matches that were there are no longer interesting.

Mook is going to start getting more attention because this current format makes him much harder to beat.

When I heard about Brizz's homeboy passing I lost all interest in Brizz v Mook. I think Tay Roc v Mook or K Shine v Mook would be very exciting under these current conditions.

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
The "sold the culture" narrative is ass and irresponsible on Twizz's part. You are an independent contractor who was not promised this role. This is business. Caffeine doesn't even own URL. The league went from WatchBattleLive to this new and improved app. It's a distribution partnership. There are other jobs out there

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Yeah, Geechi was clearly at his best in small rooms to me.
When he locks in on his opponent and doesn’t worry about the crowd too much, his style is a LOT more effective.

Regardless, his professionalism will always carry him no matter what setting.

And one thing I don’t like that I see when ppl critique Danny is that they don’t praise his professionalism ENOUGH.

And this is not just about Danny, it applies to Chilla, etc too.

Professionalism should get WAY MORE credit with the fans and leagues than it does.

I’d rather watch and give credit to a nikka with less “Star Power” I might not “like” as much appears opposed to a star with a higher ceiling that barely shows up.

I don’t care how talented you are, if I can barely count on you you’re worthless to me

That’s just my perspective in life tho, I understand it’s not for everybody

That's just perspective though. I prefer random acts of brilliance over consistent mediocrity. :yeshrug:

I find it REALLY interesting and telling that y’all associate consistency with mediocrity

Nitty is consistent and ain’t mediocre
Chill is consistent and ain’t mediocre

But some of y’all much rather watch Chess choke 70/80% of the time because of some brilliance 20/30% of the time.

It’s cool, we can all like what we like.

Just don’t DOWNPLAY professionalism in that process of liking what you like. That’s all
Me calling you biased seemed better than calling you slow. :yeshrug:

@MJ Truth all that talk, calling me BIAS and a Surf hater for calling out the BULLSHYT with
him, only for ya mans to go up there and CHOKE for three rounds :mjlol:
Only to turn around and complain about everything do anything but take ACCOUNTABILITY for his own shyt.

That’s ya mans tho, keep calling me and others that see through the smoke bias for pointing out the facts. :sas2:

[Time Stamped] Damn Im Wild with 5 minutes of pure ETHER :birdman:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battle Rap Bae is one of the better speakers amongst the bloggers by far. I’m curious where she’s at a year from now

she could be the female version of reelreviews/Jon but I need to hear more before saying that

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
@MJ Truth all that talk, calling me BIAS and a Surf hater for calling out the BULLSHYT with
him, only for ya mans to go up there and CHOKE for three rounds :mjlol:
Only to turn around and complain about everything do anything but take ACCOUNTABILITY for his own shyt.

That’s ya mans tho, keep calling me and others that see through the smoke bias for pointing out the facts. :sas2:

[Time Stamped] Damn Im Wild with 5 minutes of pure ETHER :birdman:

This L is too heavy for his crying insecure ass to carry right now. Don't even bother with that weirdo. He mad.