Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Btw, I find it hilarious how fickle battle rap fans are. People were shytting on Roc for over a year, he lost, but had a good performance, and he's back in everybody's good graces. All you ever need is one good battle. That shows me Twork will be fine.
To be fair, I think it was more his off court fukkery. If he was still humble, cool Roc, nobody would have flipped too hard. NJT is just an a$$hole. Also, his lack of preparedness and laziness magnifies everything.

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
In the early stages of Caffeine, it appears that top tier losses mean more as if we’re back in the no PPV era. I’ll wait to see if what I say can actually be concrete.

My theory is that because there is no live paywall right now, everyone can watch and react in real time with the battle as opposed to 5 months later on YT. Body bags on the URL app aren’t even as impactful as the regular losses that some top tier battlers have taken over the past few months, such as O Red, JC in the Loso battle, Twork, Surf, etc. There is finally more gravity in a loss as opposed to what would happen even two years ago.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the early stages of Caffeine, it appears that top tier losses mean more as if we’re back in the no PPV era. I’ll wait to see if what I say can actually be concrete.

My theory is that because there is no live paywall right now, everyone can watch and react in real time with the battle as opposed to 5 months later on YT. Body bags on the URL app aren’t even as impactful as the regular losses that some top tier battlers have taken over the past few months, such as O Red, JC in the Loso battle, Twork, Surf, etc. There is finally more gravity in a loss as opposed to what would happen even two years ago.

I also don’t think Caffeine is collaborating with the URL to see these nyggas choke, which is why Smack appeared to be embarrassed in interviews.

Only time will tell, but I really feel the professional, reliable guys have a huge opportunity in this era.