Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
havent seen the battles yet bt just looking at the polls versus here and other people i talk to, verb at the very least barely lost to geechi but the polls are like 70-30, dudes just dont like verb, even the dna battle i thought he washed dna. or live people had brizz 3-0 that time. dudes just cant give credit to verb for some bullshyt reason

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Btw, I find it hilarious how fickle battle rap fans are. People were shytting on Roc for over a year, he lost, but had a good performance, and he's back in everybody's good graces. All you ever need is one good battle. That shows me Twork will be fine.

Surf will be fine as well :mjlol:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Verb is NOT washed lol

And quite honestly vegan verb on a bit of a run right now. Verb is just in that john john jc cortez space. No matter what they do fans just don't like them.

But all things considered

Verb beat bdot
Verb imo beat twork. Even if you say twork won you def can't make a case verb got killed.
Verb beat mook
Verb beat lux
Verb beat dna
Verb just beat geechie gotti. The 2x champ.

Island god on some other shyt right now frfr

I dont argue about Verb much now because at this point...he's certified. He has shown levels to this shyt and fans forget when the pressure is on him...how much damage he can do. After the Mook and Lux battles, I dont think there is much you can say about him now.

I think we can safely say Geechi is one of the top currently and one of the most professional out of this new era. He can punch well and he can set up angles right. He can rebuttal right? I said it earlier, Geeci watching battles Avo gave him some game that you can tell he applied to his prep in a battle.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Fair. I used "was" specifically referring to that period before vegan verb when he was turning in sewage 60s rounds and stumbling. Back then, the die hard fans refused to hear it.

Look...when Verb fukked up...he fukked up. Can't sugarcoat it. And he knows it. But you can tell...whatever he has taken a loss or admitted to it...he made sure they were lessons he learned from.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Verb is NOT washed lol

And quite honestly vegan verb on a bit of a run right now. Verb is just in that john john jc cortez space. No matter what they do fans just don't like them.

But all things considered

Verb beat bdot
Verb imo beat twork. Even if you say twork won you def can't make a case verb got killed.
Verb beat mook
Verb beat lux
Verb beat dna
Verb just beat geechie gotti. The 2x champ.

Island god on some other shyt right now frfr
Not now, he’s back fire but there was a period Verb was toast

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
I just wished Daylyt rapped liked that his whole career. I love his shyt talking to Lux after his post match interview, that's what battle rap is to me. Dude turned up, barred Tay for 3 rounds and says to Lux that shyt wont be enough :wow:

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jey the Nitewing ceiling is so high ain’t no way he should’ve lost to Fonz he gotta adapt his style dude already has a URL classic against EK

Daylyt is incredible that I don’t think people caught half the things in that Universe scheme Lux gonna have to get in a whole nother bag For when they battle

Had to pick up my people from the airport so I couldn’t see event missed Geechi and Verb and Lux & Surf really wished they would’ve saved Lux and Surf for the main stage disappointing to hear that Surf choked but the post interview got my nikka looking humble