Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
As much as it sucks I understand why a platform like caffeine would prefer to keep production inhouse. Its basically their their business why would they outsource it? Or do I see that wrong?
no it's normal as hell for companies to just hire a FEW in house people to oversee shyt, they'd be the producers and whatnot, they basically just there to snitch(report) to higher ups, making sure shyt is happening on time, etc.

but to have an entire in house crew in-house who are just viewing this as a gig for a weekend, i never seen it, but i've never work live events so they might have a different system. in shows and movies no one's gonna have an entire crew on an exclusive contract to them

i think Caffeine is just keeping URL on a short lease because of how unprofessional their business looks, which i understand completely, but to replace the production crew just so you can keep a closer eye on things aint gonna go over well with the community. They dont expect URL to conduct everything smoothly with this move

on the good side maybe these nikkas will finally learn how a professional production is supposed to go. i expect everything to be on fukking time :

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last two battles gonna be the lux & the Tay Roc joints right? :patrice: Gotta make a run so if I’m back at 7-8 then them two battles probably won’t be ready yet if url still on RNT

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
How much is it to watch the battles on caffeine??

I just downloaded the app and it doesn't say anything about price?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
How much is it to watch the battles on caffeine??

I just downloaded the app and it doesn't say anything about price?
free

Last two battles gonna be the lux & the Tay Roc joints right? :patrice: Gotta make a run so if I’m back at 7-8 then them two battles probably won’t be ready yet if url still on RNT
no guarantees with URL to be honest :francis: too many variables could lengthen or shorten the schedule

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm well aware of that fact. I'm pointing out the irony of their hypocrisy. And how is him editing out the phone shyt really protecting his platform? Everybody knows how Twork gets down, nobody's gonna look at him any different cuz he pulled a phone out. All it did was just make Smack look disingenuous

Doing something to make one battler look more competent at the expense or with little regard for the other battler is a bad business practice imo.
Is it really at the expense of the other battler though? Perhaps for fans that really think the wins/losses thing is real, but it's not. I can't fault URL for trying to make a battle look as good or competitive as they can on the edit, particularly when people had a chance to watch it live in the first place. :yeshrug: