Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yup. After all these years KOTD has finally committed themselves to cultivating new talent. UDUBB tried, then kinda gave up, and is trying again. RBE is also trying now, it will be interesting to see how the 1SK thing plays out. They have Floss, it would be ill if he eventually makes the URL roster with RBE as his "home league".

URL wouldn't allow him to battle at RBE under contract though, despite it being his home league.

I don't know if anyone remember this, but when the URL wanted Chef, they wouldn't allow bullpen to be his home league. This was a little bit after Spitdatheat's despise. It was either one or the other. He had to completely abandon Bullpen to come to the URL, which he eventually did.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
B Dot vs Saga

If UW could, you KNOW they would book this shyt.

Saga only battles on the URL brand though.

I still don't see why B Dot just doesn't roll with the URL. He would probably be on the Mr Wavy schedule, and not really battle like that, the same shyt he does now.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I still don't see why B Dot just doesn't roll with the URL. He would probably be on the Mr Wavy schedule, and not really battle like that, the same shyt he does now.
He's already got Polight in his pockets, he probably just doesn't wanna be held to any exclusive contracts.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Now Showoff is battling in a league with an openly gay nikka hosting his battles :dame:

Showoff opened up his first round talkin about his opponent "fukkin a woman yet yelling out a mans name" :dame:

You trying to tell us something Show? :dame:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now Showoff is battling in a league with an openly gay nikka hosting his battles :dame:

Showoff opened up his first round talkin about his opponent "fukkin a woman yet yelling out a mans name" :dame:

You trying to tell us something Show? :dame:

This is some of the gayest shyt I have ever seen in battle rap.

Battle rap is really on some clown shyt. They all look like they are going to a gay club afterwards. I can't believe this is a battle rap event

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I understand that opinion... but let's keep in mind they used to do that, and people online would constantly complain about vaulted battles.

X Factor vs Remy D (unfinished)
GE vs Calicoe
Conceited vs Yung Ill (that was actually supposed to be good)
Dose vs Lotta Zay
Dirt vs Nuborn
JC vs Rich Dolarz (AC3)
Rone vs Danja Zone
100 Bullets vs T-Dubb O (PG battle, T-Dubb choked hard)
Ya Boy Clip vs Tyranny (PG that dropped on War Report)
Gwitty vs KO (PG that dropped on WeGoHard channel)
etc etc

The only the battles that they've vaulted that no one has ever complained about belong to

I don't mind battles being vaulted if it's completely unwatchable. QP vs JJDD was alright but the audio was terrible. I've always said that if one of the battles completely shyts the bed and chokes every round, just release the footage of rapper who actually did good.

Con vs Ill was vaulted due to HBO owning the footage, if I remember correctly. I don't know URL hasn't tried to get that back.

Agreed. Can't get all cocky and block these battles and not book them. I get everyone says since they're a black business built from the ground up by these brothas

I always wanna see black owned businesses prosper but there are aspects of their business model that is shyt to me. We discussed in here a while back but I would be more than happy to pay a subscription service in order to get battles. That would increase their revenue and hopefully they would invest that money in the battles that they supposedly can't afford.

Norbes was talking about how B Dot would have to run the PG gambit like everyone else and B Dot wasn't feeling that. I don't blame him either tbh. He's battled Myers, Daylyt and Cortez so there's no reason for him to take a step down in opponent.