Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Minnesota Luke consistently providing quality content. This was interesting.

I already had Lux winning, but now that he explained the meaning behind my two least favorite Lux lines from that battle, I'm even more impressed. Lux almost dissects his opponent too much, even some of the Hollow's biggest fans aren't going to place the references to Hollow's music videos.

The fact that Lux's material has such depth explains why so many people changed their opinions after repeated watches. Luke didn't really touch on that, but you can see how the majority of active battle rappers & bloggers had Hollow winning initially.

Lux is the one true Bar God. Not Danny Myers

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad we can't salvage Lux's material in the 2nd Mook battle. I'm just not hearing anything from that battle that's on par with what Lux was bringing to all his other battles. Until we can get someone to break his Lux/Mook 2 bars down, I'll have to assume that he came in there on some Hollywood shyt expecting to have a friendly sparring session. Mook put a boot in his azz, lol.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The Brizz/Roc/T Top/Surf/Shine dynamic is awkward as fukk

@T-K-G is it like how Stannis has Axel Florent as castellan and Selyse as a wife but the Florents are loyal to Renly because they're bannermen of Highgarden :mjgrin:
post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gif

nah but forreal tho, you could lock them nikkas in a room together and they'd start a "why you lookin at me nikka" type of brawl :mjlol:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk is Rum doing, "that ain't bar for bar" (c) E Ness

You know me, I'm all for the aggression and tension but it has to make sense. My nygga Rum looking like a foolio up there, just begging to get Dosed up. Let Roc get his bars off. Smack was cheesing tho lmao
2nd time I've seen Brizz teleporting across the stage during a mini-scuffle. I'm sure he means well, but it just looks extra because he's at a battle, and he's probably cool with most of the people on the other side of the stage.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Minnesota Luke consistently providing quality content. This was interesting.

I already had Lux winning, but now that he explained the meaning behind my two least favorite Lux lines from that battle, I'm even more impressed. Lux almost dissects his opponent too much, even some of the Hollow's biggest fans aren't going to place the references to Hollow's music videos.

The fact that Lux's material has such depth explains why so many people changed their opinions after repeated watches. Luke didn't really touch on that, but you can see how the majority of active battle rappers & bloggers had Hollow winning initially.
I've always said this - one of the biggest reasons a lot of people have/had Hollow winning was because at the time Lux was on an apex never seen in battle rap, and just competing with him/not getting bodied became a win. Hollow beat expectations. I look at it as Kovalev-Ward almost, or the third Pac-Marquez fight. I don't think anybody who watched the battle multiple times has Hollow winning, or that anyone really goes back for Hollow's rounds.

Just based on preference though as well, I could see someone having Hollow.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The fukk is Rum doing, "that ain't bar for bar" (c) E Ness

You know me, I'm all for the aggression and tension but it has to make sense. My nygga Rum looking like a foolio up there, just begging to get Dosed up. Let Roc get his bars off. Smack was cheesing tho lmao
2nd time I've seen Brizz teleporting across the stage during a mini-scuffle. I'm sure he means well, but it just looks extra because he's at a battle, and he's probably cool with most of the people on the other side of the stage.
Rum lettin those gun bars he writes go to his head, let that had been a hothead like k-shine or chess they woulda definitely fought

smack is always
smackumad2-png.978
on the cusps of the bullshyt. then when it actually goes down "
smackumad-png.976
yall losin URL sponsors and venues, yall unprofessional"

Brizz look like he's ready to bite any nikka on stage at any given moment :pachaha: nikka is dangerous, part of me thinks he don't believe none of these nikkas and just wants to fight to prove a point

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Homie said he didn't realize Hollow's "If you don't understand him doesn't mean that he's nice" was taken from Jay Z. :usure: :snoop:

Lmao you gotta give Luke a pass on a few things. He doesn't try to hide his awkwardness, and he's not ashamed of not knowing something. I understand the "10 Things YOU Didn't Know" title invites that type of criticism though, cause there's no way anyone got 10 pieces of new info from this blog.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rum lettin those gun bars he writes go to his head, let that had been a hothead like k-shine or chess they woulda definitely fought

smack is always
smackumad2-png.978
smackumad-png.976

Brizz look like he's ready to bite any nikka on stage at any given moment :pachaha: nikka is dangerous, part of me thinks he don't believe none of these nikkas and just wants to fight to prove a point

:ohhh:

Is it a bad thing that I now need to see all the potential match-ups your post created?

Rum vs K-Shine
Rum vs Brizz
K-Shine vs Brizz - that shyt could be CRAZY
Chess vs Brizz

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
i get what you mean but URL had the most battles for any league outside of maybe KOTD drop in 2016 :manny: if we talkin just numbers it makes sense why they had the most meh battles

rum nitty and tay roc lowkey carried the brand on they backs this year, everyone else was hit or miss

Maybe I'm just being difficult but I would have preferred it if URL had less battles with more quality control.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

smack is always
smackumad2-png.978
smackumad-png.976

Remember when Brizz was about to start goin crazy on City Towers :merchant:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
You must be the p*ssy Goodz had lined up when he ducked Verb :mjlol:

Stop it. LOL. Don't be mad that your opinion was trash and it doesn't dispute the fact that Goodz over the years has been consistent. It is what it is......disagree with me and a few others but no chokes, good performance, and not so over the top bars has made him a solid name in battle rap. If not, why are we discussing Goodz coming back to battle rap now then?