Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Minnesota Luke consistently providing quality content. This was interesting.

I already had Lux winning, but now that he explained the meaning behind my two least favorite Lux lines from that battle, I'm even more impressed. Lux almost dissects his opponent too much, even some of the Hollow's biggest fans aren't going to place the references to Hollow's music videos.

The fact that Lux's material has such depth explains why so many people changed their opinions after repeated watches. Luke didn't really touch on that, but you can see how the majority of active battle rappers & bloggers had Hollow winning initially.
Someone in the comments said Lux rounds aged like wine and Hollow's like white people

I cried real tears lmaooo

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:ohhh:

Is it a bad thing that I now need to see all the potential match-ups your post created?

Rum vs K-Shine
Rum vs Brizz
K-Shine vs Brizz - that shyt could be CRAZY
Chess vs Brizz
Shine (with proper motivation) could fukk rum nitty up somethin serious, i doubt he gets motivated tho, rum would bar him up then shine would start a fight

Shine vs Brizz would be crazy, i feel like they cool wit each other but still would get crazy, tay roc vs surf type battle

Chess vs brizz would get ugly af for chess imo, brizz dirtier, dustier, and more believable, we see how he chastised Dot :mjcry:

Lowkey brizz and t top set it up so they could battle each others squads without being curved by the bigger name guys :myman: carolina nikkas finessin URL

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Minnesota Luke consistently providing quality content. This was interesting.

I already had Lux winning, but now that he explained the meaning behind my two least favorite Lux lines from that battle, I'm even more impressed. Lux almost dissects his opponent too much, even some of the Hollow's biggest fans aren't going to place the references to Hollow's music videos.

The fact that Lux's material has such depth explains why so many people changed their opinions after repeated watches. Luke didn't really touch on that, but you can see how the majority of active battle rappers & bloggers had Hollow winning initially.

How the fukk did Minnesota Luke not know Jay-z said that line? :smh:

and Lux lost the minute he didnt say it to blacks face :mjgrin:

Might be the goat battle to be honest though.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Nah i agree, if they werent blocking battles and writing up these strict ass contracts we wouldnt have had that problem this year, URL tryna monopolize this shyt

They dropped the ball with two money battles last year.

Hitman v Suge
B Dot vs Saga

Both would have done numbers.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm just being difficult but I would have preferred it if URL had less battles with more quality control.

I understand that opinion... but let's keep in mind they used to do that, and people online would constantly complain about vaulted battles.

X Factor vs Remy D (unfinished)
GE vs Calicoe
Conceited vs Yung Ill (that was actually supposed to be good)
Dose vs Lotta Zay
Dirt vs Nuborn
JC vs Rich Dolarz (AC3)
Rone vs Danja Zone
100 Bullets vs T-Dubb O (PG battle, T-Dubb choked hard)
Ya Boy Clip vs Tyranny (PG that dropped on War Report)
Gwitty vs KO (PG that dropped on WeGoHard channel)
etc etc

The only the battles that they've vaulted that no one has ever complained about belong to

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that opinion... but let's keep in mind they used to do that, and people online would constantly complain about vaulted battles.

GE vs Calicoe
Dose vs Lotta Zay
Dirt vs Nuborn
JC vs Rich Dolarz (AC3)
Rone vs Danja Zone
etc etc

The only the battles that they've vaulted that no one has ever complained about belong to

QP vs JohnJohn was vaulted too but by popular demand it was put out and was stellar (well until QPs 3rd)

But yeah if too many battles are vaulted, fans complain about lack of content.

In anycase folks need to understand that putting out battles from newer/unkown guys is the first step to finding a star. This is what separates URL from other major leagues...they at least try to build new stars from the ground up.

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QP vs JohnJohn was vaulted too but by popular demand it was put out and was stellar (well until QPs 3rd)

But yeah if too many battles are vaulted, fans complain about lack of content.

In anycase folks need to understand that putting out battles from newer/unkown guys is the first step to finding a star. This is what separates URL from other major leagues...they at least try to build new stars from the ground up.

Yup. After all these years KOTD has finally committed themselves to cultivating new talent. UDUBB tried, then kinda gave up, and is trying again. RBE is also trying now, it will be interesting to see how the 1SK thing plays out. They have Floss, it would be ill if he eventually makes the URL roster with RBE as his "home league".

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Nah i agree, if they werent blocking battles and writing up these strict ass contracts we wouldnt have had that problem this year, URL tryna monopolize this shyt

They dropped the ball with two money battles last year.

Hitman v Suge
B Dot vs Saga

Both would have done numbers.

Agreed. Can't get all cocky and block these battles and not book them. I get everyone says since they're a black business built from the ground up by these brothas

GE vs Calicoe
Dose vs Lotta Zay
Dirt vs Nuborn
JC vs Rich Dolarz (AC3)
Rone vs Danja Zone
etc etc

Glad you listed those because I was trying to remember them all myself. Didn't know GE and Calicoe battled.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. Can't get all cocky and block these battles and not book them. I get everyone says since they're a black business built from the ground up by these brothas

Glad you listed those because I was trying to remember them all myself. Didn't know GE and Calicoe battled.

Apparently GE smoked a drunk Calicoe in a 1 rounder at the Hitman vs Verb event. I think I heard about it first on here.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chess vs brizz would get ugly af for chess imo, brizz dirtier, dustier, and more believable, we see how he chastised Dot :mjcry:

I'm sure Chess vs Brizz is only a matter of time, but you nyggas have to realize this battle has the potential to be an hour long, boring, long winded ass battle.

I'd rather see both guys against other opponents.