Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Rum vs Ave
Rum vs Ill Will
Guntitles vs NWX
Chess vs Ave
Ryda vs Trez

Didnt happen on URL?

And regarding the perfomances, its up to the battlers to put on a good show. The leagues role is to provide good footage, promo and presentation.

Barring, Guntitles vs NWX, all of those battles were small room/PG battles and that Guntitles battle got cancelled due to fighting. I personally don't rate Chess vs Ave though.

And for the 5 battles you've listed, there are more than 5 other battles that weren't on URL.

As far as presentation, we haven't had clean footage from the last 2 or 3 URL battles either. Audio has been out of sync with visual, camera angles with poor aspect ratio, choppy editing, etc. All of this plays a part in the enjoyment factor of a battl and I feel like URL has regressed in that department.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Assuming this turns out to be another underwhelming battle, whose at fault for this consistently happening? URL? The battlers? The crowds? Or is it a combination of all the above?

When I think of the best battles from 2016, I don't think any of them happened on URL. There must be a reason for this.

It really depends on what you like. I think a lot of people will tell you that the best battle of the year did in fact happen on URL which is Ave v Rum Nitty. Did you already give your picks for your top ten?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
It really depends on what you like. I think a lot of people will tell you that the best battle of the year did in fact happen on URL which is Ave v Rum Nitty. Did you already give your picks for your top ten?

I didn't give my personal 10 favourite battles but of the 10, only 3 battles were URL. Which is bad considering how many battles they put on this year.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Cant wait to see Roc drop that bodybag :mjgrin:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't give my personal 10 favourite battles but of the 10, only 3 battles were URL. Which is bad considering how many battles they put on this year.

It's not that bad, it's only your personal opinion. It's not wrong for you to like other battles better. :hubie:

Do you feel like URL owes you something?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
It's not that bad, it's only your personal opinion. It's not wrong for you to like other battles better. :hubie:

Do you feel like URL owes you something?

:heh: nah nothing like that. This is free content (I would pay for it if it meant a better product) so I can only critique it so much but I just think there have been progressively noticeable dips in quality over the last 3 years.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Assuming this turns out to be another underwhelming battle, whose at fault for this consistently happening? URL? The battlers? The crowds? Or is it a combination of all the above?

When I think of the best battles from 2016, I don't think any of them happened on URL. There must be a reason for this.
i get what you mean but URL had the most battles for any league outside of maybe KOTD drop in 2016 :manny: if we talkin just numbers it makes sense why they had the most meh battles

rum nitty and tay roc lowkey carried the brand on they backs this year, everyone else was hit or miss

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Minnesota Luke consistently providing quality content. This was interesting.

I already had Lux winning, but now that he explained the meaning behind my two least favorite Lux lines from that battle, I'm even more impressed. Lux almost dissects his opponent too much, even some of the Hollow's biggest fans aren't going to place the references to Hollow's music videos.

The fact that Lux's material has such depth explains why so many people changed their opinions after repeated watches. Luke didn't really touch on that, but you can see how the majority of active battle rappers & bloggers had Hollow winning initially.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I'm just sayin'......Goodz shows the fukk up
:yeshrug:

I already know a couple of you are gonna be like "HE LOST THEM ALL", nah....these are three different good performances by Goodz on three different stages.

I loved watchin these nikkas goin back n forth.
The backstory makes the battle even nicer