Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forgot how bad Yung Ill was doin cortez and math :scust:

Yup I did too until recently. Me and my boy have been quoting Yung Ill's first on the regular

"Math get gangsta on the internet... In person I'm live"

Math's second round that battle was heat rocks too

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battle Truth's problem is he thinks because he's street he's automatically right. Chris did some fukk shyt but sometimes you have to meet people where they're at. Deebo has been aired out multiple times by his own artists, even in battles. Chris exposing what we already know in further detail is actually doing a favor to any artist that's thinking of working with QOTR right now.

That bar sounds good but I don't think it's valid in this case.

I'll get this out the way by saying Battle Truth is an entertaining, but crappy debater who missed out on a crucial era of battle rap. His blogs aren't half as informative as Chris Unbias blogs are.

But still in many cases, Chris is NOT exposing what we already know. This is information that he is privy to, and he chooses to share with others when he decides the time is right. He had a "secret tape" of Morawsha. He was told in confidence by Swave that Debo wanted to fight him, and he let Debo know who told him. There are countless other examples of him snitching on people.
He doesn't have any financial stake in any of this, so what he is doing is snitching, point blank.

Why is a guy who so readily ignores the "code of the streets" so obsessed with street battle rap? Chris will barely acknowledge KOTD or Don't Flop, yet their content seems right up his alley. Very personal, very "I found out a secret about you that could mess up your life". Why doesn't he honor the leagues that provide the type of content that lines up with the type of character he is? Why does he only rock with the street shyt? It's very odd & voyeuristic, like the hipster white bloggers who salivated over the Chicago "drill" scene.

Chris is intelligent & very informative, but he's also a tattletale.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Rewatched X-Factor vs Verb & Clips yesterday. Forgot how nice X was on his game was nice, look forward to his come back

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

I'll get this out the way by saying Battle Truth is an entertaining, but crappy debater who missed out on a crucial era of battle rap. His blogs aren't half as informative as Chris Unbias blogs are.

But still in many cases, Chris is NOT exposing what we already know. This is information that he is privy to, and he chooses to share with others when he decides the time is right. He had a "secret tape" of Morawsha. He was told in confidence by Swave that Debo wanted to fight him, and he let Debo know who told him. There are countless other examples of him snitching on people.
He doesn't have any financial stake in any of this, so what he is doing is snitching, point blank.

Why is a guy who so readily ignores the "code of the streets" so obsessed with street battle rap? Chris will barely acknowledge KOTD or Don't Flop, yet their content seems right up his alley. Very personal, very "I found out a secret about you that could mess up your life". Why doesn't he honor the leagues that provide the type of content that lines up with the type of character he is? Why does he only rock with the street shyt? It's very odd & voyeuristic, like the hipster white bloggers who salivated over the Chicago "drill" scene.

I never understood why it took him years to even really recognize some of the battles on other leagues. I guess once he saw these leagues with some of the SMACK URL talent, he was all aboard. Plus, I guess he looked at it because of the look. White guys from Canada who have a league that's pretty international probably doesn't look good for what he wants to do. Or a bunch of British cats running battle rap overseas. However, I feel like it limited his audience for a while. AFM did the same thing.

But yeah, I know he likes to keep it real but some times, its like I want him to recap the battles, do the Untold Truths, do the QOTD, and give some of the info to us in the blogs. Not all of it because you see, as irrelevant as that thing with Marwasha and Debo is now.....you see it has some consequences that come with it. And the fact the beef was already squashed makes it worse.

Last edited:

Ardamus

Daps
That song at the beginning on angryfan with tez and method man was dope

Word. That track was dope. He can be hit or miss for me in terms of music. Found the album that track is on though.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

All first verse

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Chris is just the standard gossipy feminine blogger that's been established as the standard for internet dirt rags

Bruh has good info and is very driven but his presentation is just catty as hell

Only difference between him and the rest is that he's not openly gay because he'd lose all status in battle rap if he were

Ardamus

Daps

Good job, CAPS. Wing got that cake, too, I know you ain't dippin' from that.

:salute: