Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
you guys talk about roc being developmentally delayed, but i think lux is a savant

his rounds are complex and highly artistic but listening to him in a conversation is almost pure nothingness. savant is too harsh, actually. more delusional, as in he thinks he's got more to say than he does, but his tone belies the vapidity

A savant means a genius or some shyt. What you're describing is a charlatan. Which he's from the real before hipsters Harlem. They're all literally like that. Charlie clips talking in a circle just so you forget that he lost is a Harlem thing.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
A savant means a genius or some shyt. What you're describing is a charlatan. Which he's from the real before hipsters Harlem. They're all literally like that. Charlie clips talking in a circle just so you forget that he lost is a Harlem thing.
A savant means someone who is good at one thing and deficient at most all else

Charlie is very atypical of the New Yorker trying to make you believe something you know is false. He doesn't have an ounce of persuasion in him

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
Is Young faq still around? :banderas:
Dis bytch nikka here.......... :dead:

I peeped dat lil video and it was coo. Alotta deez battle rappers sound better on a beat than they do on stage anyway: him, Surf & Goodz in particular.

No matter how decent he sounded here(that Wu-Tang beat can make anyone sound nice btw)still don't change da fact that in battles he says shyt like:

"I'll T Rum, P on em and make him the next president"

Yet you pre-school education havin muh'fukkas'll tell me this man has bars :dead::dead::dead:

But aye as long as there are people in this world that will argue from sun up to sun down about how his "calendar" bar vs Ill Will actually made sense then it's NO SURPRISE when mf's like yourself tell me he's the best in the world. I didn't need Trump becoming president to confirm there's a good amount of retarded people in this country, you Tay Roc fans already did that.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
"HEADSHOT" - Shotgun Suge :scust:

I like how you just casually shytted on Lux's business acumen. Lux has seemingly nickel and dimed his way out of good business situations multiple times over the years. But that one is especially hilarious because I peeped it at the time (as many others did), but I was too caught up in Lux stannery to really call him on it.

Lmao didn't Lux fire the dude that worked out the deal that got him 80k for the Hollow battle? :russ::russ:

Man if someone got me 80k for a RAP BATTLE I'd need a REALLLLLY good reason not to do business with them anymore. I can't imagine what went wrong there. Ain't no personal discrepancies or falling outs to be had, I'm going to try to find a way to keep a business relationship with that person... I might walk in your office and notice a dead rat in your trash can... and just not bring it up :hubie:. We'll just do a conference call next time....
And Lux my fav battlerapper, but I call a spade a spade.

Mook is even a WORSE businessman than him.
Lux was smart enough to not overprice himself and get booked(80k for Hollow, Mook, Clips)

Meanwhile Mook was overpricing himself out the game.

If Mook is was smart he woulda took a multiple Battle deal let's say 50k a battle on MULTIPLE leagues since he's a free agent.
He was so busy chacing 100K 1 time.
That he didn't see he coulda took 50K 5 times EASY and made 250K guaranteed

That's where Lux was smarter than Mook.

Sometimes I just :snoop: at the decisions some of these battlerap nikkas be making.
Like who advices these nikkas SMH

Last edited:

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
I forgot @Young Fab . I like the guy but sheesh. I think he hired a hitman to take him out Tay Roc, and the hitman got killed himself in the process of trying to takeout Tay Roc. So Fab is out of some money. It's understandable, but still..... That young man is a thundercat.
:dead::dead::dead:

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smack doesn't seem that business savvy lol. That nikka just seem like a street nikka that makes his little bread and gets out the way.

wrong

I used to go to the earlier battles back in the day, and Smack did EVERYTHING (and beas too, don't get it twisted). he used to run around like a madman, making sure that the rappers were good, the venue was good, the staff and security were good, etc. beasley used to be the DJ during intermission :mjgrin:

Smack really busted his ass to get battle rap where it is. what he didn't expect was the popularity that came almost damn near overnight with the battle rap culture. he simply wasn't ready, since he had been running it mom & pop style for so long. now he has sponsors and ad revenue...the game has really changed, and smack should get credit for that.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Chef Trez is good at rebuttals because he knows how to connect the bars to a punch and make it conversational. Not very forced. Smooth and clean. Gotta hand it to him on that. Dude been a problem and he on the come up.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Tay Roc could put together a gritty project.

Just not convinced these battle rap nyggas have the type of beat selection to do it.

Surf is the only one who raps over solid production, which is why he has the title as the guy who makes the best music.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
wrong

I used to go to the earlier battles back in the day, and Smack did EVERYTHING (and beas too, don't get it twisted). he used to run around like a madman, making sure that the rappers were good, the venue was good, the staff and security were good, etc. beasley used to be the DJ during intermission :mjgrin:

Smack really busted his ass to get battle rap where it is. what he didn't expect was the popularity that came almost damn near overnight with the battle rap culture. he simply wasn't ready, since he had been running it mom & pop style for so long. now he has sponsors and ad revenue...the game has really changed, and smack should get credit for that.
Nikkas must have forgot about the pre-internet Smack DVD era. Act like Smack wasn't out here grinding on his Master P/No Limit shyt. I applaud these dudes every time, they've come a long way. From holding battles on the corner to selling out the Gramercy @ $100 a pop with ease, clap for him.