Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
takes away from the views on the release and u cant slow release the content after everyone has seen it
they did it and it didnt make sense when they looked at the numbers
I doubt if they made more the time they did it or saw potential in it they wouldnt do the ppv again
They'd make more from PPV. 1 million views is worth between $2k to $5k. At $30 per person and allowing for Ustreams 50% cut plus 10% set up costs you'll need a paltry 300 odd ppv buys to compensate the max earnings from YT. They're throwing money away.

KOTD / DF have both been doing it with a fraction of Smack's audience. Part off me think it's ego on their part, the demand is definitely there

I copped the Lux v Hollow PPV and the viewer tab on Ustream was at 10,000+, that's $150k net assuming that number was correct, I must be missing something cos otherwise :francis:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
They'd make more from PPV. 1 million views is worth between $2k to $5k. At $30 per person and allowing for Ustreams 50% cut plus 10% set up costs you'll need a paltry 300 odd ppv buys to compensate the max earnings from YT. They're throwing money away.

KOTD / DF have both been doing it with a fraction of Smack's audience. Part off me think it's ego on their part, the demand is definitely there

I copped the Lux v Hollow PPV and the viewer tab on Ustream was at 10,000+, that's $150k net assuming that number was correct, I must be missing something cos otherwise :francis:

They didn't have 10k unique viewers.. Meaning the same people were rejoining the stream X numbers of times. URL still made a lot off that ppv because the found a loophole around Ustreams 50% fee. If URL had 1k people buy the stream, that's 30k they didn't have before. In a battlerap world where URL's bread and butter is conning nikkas into doing free battles, an extra 30k is a lot of work with. :francis:

What's crazy is, URL is still going to get a million views off their marquee matchup anyway regardless of bootlegs or not. All these nikkas crying over peanut YouTube money need to stfu.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't have 10k unique viewers.. Meaning the same people were rejoining the stream X numbers of times. URL still made a lot off that ppv because the found a loophole around Ustreams 50% fee. If URL had 1k people buy the stream, that's 30k they didn't have before. In a battlerap world where URL's bread and butter is conning nikkas into doing free battles, an extra 30k is a lot of work with. :francis:

What's crazy is, URL is still going to get a million views off their marquee matchup anyway regardless of bootlegs or not. All these nikkas crying over peanut YouTube money need to stfu.

Eric Beasley has a PHD from Harvard. He was a legendary A&R for Asylum Record/Warner. He worked with big acts on the underground scene like Rain910, who has had numerous appearances on BET and is a terrific emcee/producer. You can not question the mind of someone like a Beasley. He is the young, upcoming version of the great Al Haymon.:ufdup:If a Harvard graduate like Eric thought it was beneficial for the URL to do PPV, they would do PPV nygga. His phd is in finance nygga. He has worked with talent from Mims to Murda Mook.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Eric Beasley has a PHD from Harvard. He was a legendary A&R for Asylum Record/Warner. He worked with big acts on the underground scene like Rain910, who has had numerous appearances on BET and is a terrific emcee/producer. You can not question the mind of someone like a Beasley. He is the young, upcoming version of the great Al Haymon.:ufdup:If a Harvard graduate like Eric thought it was beneficial for the URL to do PPV, they would do PPV nygga. His phd is in finance nygga. He has worked with talent from Mims to Murda Mook.

Beas really studied at Harvard tho?:ohhh: :ohhh:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He makes Charron and Clips look like amateurs when they rebuttal

There's definitely a difference. DNA, Clips, Charron... energy and projection is the key to making their rebuttals hit hard. All three are predictable and formulaic to some extent, using crutch phrases and such. Hollow & Trez have a more natural, conversational style with their rebuttals. They don't have strong vocal projection, but they'e more swaggerful with it. Yeah they are trying to make a moment, but it comes across more like they're stunting on their opponent, which just seems cooler to me.

I can't imagine DNA, Clips or Charron doing 3 rebuttals back to back to back without sounding like cornballs.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's definitely a difference. DNA, Clips, Charron... energy and projection is the key to making their rebuttals hit hard. All three are predictable and formulaic to some extent, using crutch phrases and such. Hollow & Trez have a more natural, conversational style with their rebuttals. They don't have strong vocal projection, but they'e more swaggerful with it. Yeah they are trying to make a moment, but it comes across more like they're stunting on their opponent, which just seems cooler to me.

I can't imagine DNA, Clips or Charron doing 3 rebuttals back to back to back without sounding like cornballs.

I really like Prep's rebuttals. He performs the hell out of them like they are really writtens. That's what I like about his rebuttals.