Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Safe to say Ryda has bar of the year with the "Pound behind the head like Scorpion stance" smh un fukking believable. If Ryda can trim the generic bars and lose the typical battle rapper style he could be a problem. He definitely has some haymakers. Chef however. Theres NO hope for that nikka. He's trash and he's just going to have to deal with it.

"Pound behind the head like the Scorpion stance" > "MOP Your Aunty/Ante Up"? :jbhmm:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the same shyt I was talking about with Prep... Like how many ass performances do nikkas need to see to finally say enough is enough? Ain't nothing fire about this card especially sincew most of the battlers up there can't bring two good rounds.

I hope this Prep vs Chef Trez battle actually happens. I think Prep would beat him. Trez sounds like he spends like the night at Unbias house every night. Fukk that nygga man.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
That's when I knew it would be some bullshyt

nikka, Rap Grid droppin the fukkin footage is better than him actually doing it himself. Drect knows the game better than he does and you even know that.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
"Pound behind the head like the Scorpion stance" > "MOP Your Aunty/Ante Up"? :jbhmm:

I haven't heard the Scorpion bar... but that Nitty bar was never that good to me. Didn't realize it was still held in high regard after the entire battle came out where he had lowkey bars better than that.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ryda lost his mind first two rounds. Showed a difference between people who REALLY write punches. I feel like Chef had too many in between bars and setups that wasted valuable time. Ryda was not playing. Every two bars he was landing something crazy. 2-1 Ryda.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Safe to say Ryda has bar of the year with the "Pound behind the head like Scorpion stance" smh un fukking believable. If Ryda can trim the generic bars and lose the typical battle rapper style he could be a problem. He definitely has some haymakers. Chef however. Theres NO hope for that nikka. He's trash and he's just going to have to deal with it.
I usually ignore the Chef hate but all his flaws were exposed in this Ryda battle. You can't battle a real writer relying on freestyles and random setups to get to the punch you just thought of. I can tell Trez didn't write a lot of that battle. His voice never helps and that fool tried to do some real talk lol.

Edit: And SUPER PAUSE on that Egyptian line.

Last edited:

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
"Pound behind the head like Scorpion stance"
christian818.gif