Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was the era where they rode around looking for battles, with their OWN BREAD on deck. These new rappers are so pacified it's insane.

yeah you always hear about rappers from that era making sure they leave home with at least a full clip just in case they ran into someone in the street :dead:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was the era where they rode around looking for battles, with their OWN BREAD on deck. These new rappers are so pacified it's insane.

They are real rappers. Look at the recent street status footage. You have Hitman battling on the spot and Verb spitting some bars. It's real hip hop shyt, and it's the only way they know how to do it. Its all habit.

These new nyggas aren't ready to battle on the spot. They probably need to prepare for a cypher. It's just not the same.

Hell look how quick Hitman memorizes his shyt. What he had like less than an hour to memorize that shyt for Phara/Shooney. He's a real rapper man.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These nikkaz would be rebuttaling all night :damn:

I think just by mentioning it on here, it will plant the seed and get the ball rolling. It will eventually get to twitter/facebook groups. I'm positive we have lurkers. If they are serious about doing a potential sophomores vs rookies card, the battle just makes sense.

We create a lot of discussion here way before the battle rap world picks up on it.

I've been wanting to see this battle, but the timing wasn't there. Prep's stock was down. Trez wasn't fukking with the URL.Things are changing

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I think just by mentioning it on here, it will plant the seed and get the ball rolling. It will eventually get to twitter/facebook groups. I'm positive we have lurkers. If they are serious about doing a potential sophomores vs rookies card, the battle just makes sense.

We create a lot of discussion here way before the battle rap world picks up on it.

That's a FACT

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
:dead:

You guys actually want to see a nikka that has been boo'd and died multiple times just because he can rebuttal. :snoop:

Before Prep, there has never been a battler to choke on National TV and get bodied, then turnaround and get bodied at a big stage URL event. Prep should be battling Rich Dollaz for that spot in battlerap heaven. :snoop:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Call me crazy but URL should cut Saga and start booking someone else in those spots instead. These long winded rounds aren't it. I can't click dude's name anymore after today.

Replace Saga with Chess and I agree. Maybe it's just me but Chess' battles have no replay value. He's good for the occasional unorthodox haymaker but other than that dude is boring.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let Prep go battle Rone and them. No need for him on URL.

I actually like Chess, he just needs to control his breathing and chill on the WGH gas. He was talking to Saga in that battle.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

You guys actually want to see a nikka that has been boo'd and died multiple times just because he can rebuttal. :snoop:

Before Prep, there has never been a battler to choke on National TV and get bodied, then turnaround and get bodied at a big stage URL event. Prep should be battling Rich Dollaz for that spot in battlerap heaven. :snoop:

We all know Prep has some deficiencies. However, if you put him in the right match, it can turn out to be a dope battle. This is a battle that would highlight his strengths and what a lot of us like him for. I think you can put together a dope battle, even if you aren't necessarily a fan of the battler.

Also, I don't even dislike Prep. I think he has spurts where his material is there and spots where his shyt just isn't there. His freestyling ability is top tier. He just needs to put it all together.

I am actually not that big on Chef Trez. His voice is moist and his delivery is meh.

I like that battle. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
We all know Prep has some deficiencies. However, if you put him in the right match, it can turn out to be a dope battle. This is a battle that would highlight his strengths and what a lot of us like him for. I think you can put together a dope battle, even if you aren't necessarily a fan of the battler.

Also, I don't even dislike Prep. I think he has spurts where his material is there and spots where his shyt just isn't there. His freestyling ability is top tier. He just needs to put it all together.

I am actually not that big on Chef Trez. His voice is moist and his delivery is meh.
Trez sounds like a teenage girl.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Trez' freestyle game >>>> Prep

Trez is a lot slicker with them shyts

His 3rd vs Fliiko L (classic battle btw) was so FIRE. Still :dead: at how he sonned T Riley after Fliiko freestyled against him in the 2nd

(23:55)

nikkas wanna freestyle, actin like Trez ain't the best with it :rudy:
Like all y'all said he gon' win..:childplease:
:ufdup:Them nikkas in ya set trippin
But aye, my next body need to be in 9th Ward, that's my next mission:demonic:
Bloe, set it up with HA-Double..:sas1:
Tell T Riley, I don't adress bytchES :sas2:

Good Lord :wow::russ::banderas::banderas::banderas:
Then Fliiko tried to be slick and lean on him and Trez even rebuttaled THAT. (25:25)

Naah Trez would BODY Prep, just bein honest