Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe they can put Billy Boondocks vs West Coast Dred on the URL West undercard.

Not like the battle will ever come out. Dread will probably just call him a sissy and spit in his face, and Billy will make a funny azz freestyle rebuttal out of it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like a prisoner of the moment, but I wonder if that's a top 3 Brizz performance.

Nah....he showed he still can get busy in a small room he now 4-0 on URL in that setting

But doesnt compare to what he did vs X, Showoff, or Dot. Its just a different feel vs this Pass battle. Mainly cause he was spazzin' ALL 3 rounds but somewhat poised w/ all 3 prior performances.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like a prisoner of the moment, but I wonder if that's a top 3 Brizz performance.

Nah....he showed he still can get busy in a small room he now 4-0 on URL in that setting

But doesnt compare to what he did vs X, Showoff, or Dot. Its just a different feel vs this Pass battle. Mainly cause he was spazzin' ALL 3 rounds but somewhat poised w/ all 3 prior performances.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Obviously DOT was a massive body.

I have him with a debatable loss vs Young X though. I'm not going off the crowd response, clearly they didn't want to rock with country sounding Young X but X material was fire in 1 & 3.

I think Showoff took a rd vs him

so I guess I'll have to agree to disagree.

I'll rewatch the Showoff battle though, maybe Brizz got all 3

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
I doubt any of those battles would happen.

Ave, Top, Brizz - URL is building up these guys. Having them battle Myers doesn't make sense.
Roc - Roc would love to do it, but I doubt the URL would go out of their way to book Roc/Myers.
Math - It benefits the URL more to utilize Math to build up newer talent. Math-Myers is meaningless to the URL. I do think it's the most interesting battle on the list you provided.
Surf - He is not battling Myers on the URL.

The URL will use Myers to fill up cards like traffic & born legacy.
You asked dude who he'd like to see though. Those are mostly cool battles. I could see Myers vs Brizz being real good, also Myers vs Ave.

If we only going talk about what "makes sense" to the URL all the time, we'd 1. be wrong like 50% of the time, and 2. be forced to keep considering these same names and these drawn out grudge matches that are more about the possible fukkery than the battle.

Or maybe I'm just jaded.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pass fukked up badly. BADLY. Who told him to bring all those stale jokes?

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt any of those battles would happen.

Ave, Top, Brizz - URL is building up these guys. Having them battle Myers doesn't make sense.
Roc - Roc would love to do it, but I doubt the URL would go out of their way to book Roc/Myers.
Math - It benefits the URL more to utilize Math to build up newer talent. Math-Myers is meaningless to the URL. I do think it's the most interesting battle on the list you provided.
Surf - He is not battling Myers on the URL.

The URL will use Myers to fill up cards like traffic & born legacy.

Math isn't going to do URL any favors, he's relevant without them.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously DOT was a massive body.

I have him with a debatable loss vs Young X though. I'm not going off the crowd response, clearly they didn't want to rock with country sounding Young X but X material was fire in 1 & 3.

I think Showoff took a rd vs him

so I guess I'll have to agree to disagree.

I'll rewatch the Showoff battle though, maybe Brizz got all 3
Showoff got the 3rd round clearly imo

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pass fukked up badly. BADLY. Who told him to bing all those stale jokes?

Those jokes aren't bad if you don't allow them to kill your momentum each time. That's that Grindtime shyt. Brizz had a lot of humor too but he didn't but he didn't stop to laugh at his own joke. The "Suge slapped you" shyt is the only thing that warranted being drawn out.
Pass needed a sharp performance with no stumbles. He's like Verb, where if he stumbles he totally ruins the impact of his material.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You asked dude who he'd like to see though. Those are mostly cool battles. I could see Myers vs Brizz being real good, also Myers vs Ave.

If we only going talk about what "makes sense" to the URL all the time, we'd 1. be wrong like 50% of the time, and 2. be forced to keep considering these same names and these drawn out grudge matches that are more about the possible fukkery than the battle.

Or maybe I'm just jaded.

I said realistic battles clearly in the post. I was very clear on that. Battles the url would actually book. There is no point hoping for battles that will not hapoen.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Url is only booking Danny for "barfest." Young Kanyon, steams, danja zone type of nikkas.

I think if Danny managed his career better, he would be viewed as a lower top tier guy.

I wouldn't mind a Danny Myers vs Ored.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
That was me.

I feel both Clips & Hollow get like the worst version of any battler they face. Their battle against each other was awful.

Nah its just that Clips was terrible, Hollow was fukking him up lovely those first two rounds

Also, Hollow got the best Lux we've seen since he became semi-active again

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
I said realistic battles clearly in the post. I was very clear on that. Battles the url would actually book. There is no point hoping for battles that will not hapoen.
Fair. But I don't think every last one of those battles is wholly unrealistic. I could see the Danny/Brizz matchup as an early card battle. Ave less likely.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair. But I don't think every last one of those battles is wholly unrealistic. I could see the Danny/Brizz matchup as an early card battle. Ave less likely.

Danny is the biggest Westcoast guy (street style) willing to do traffic cards, since Daylyt won't even do them. If he got a big battle, it would be on the westcoast.

Danny is just too dangerous for someone like Brizz. The URL is trying to build Brizz into a star.